DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 School Recommendations

Martysticks

Reactions
Hey guys and gals;

I've been flying as a recreations pilot for about a year, and since my brother in law introduced me to this hobby last year I've been hooked. I started out with a Mavic Air, then moved to a Mavic Pro Platinum and then a Mavic 2 Zoom. Yes, I still fly all three. I'm always been one of those guys that wants to know as much as I can about something (retired software engineer) so I'm going to pursue my FAA Part 107 License.

I've watched countless videos online, gone thru multiple test question scenarios, used www.1800wxbrief.com and skyvector.com for sectional charts and have even read a potion of the Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.

I'm now thinking I might want to take an actual ground school type of class. I've looked at a few, but these two keep coming up.

Any one here have an recommendations on wither of these or suggestions for a different one?

Thanks;

Marty

Reactions: pilotinstitute
Unfortunately ground schools can be like cars or drones. Everybody will have their own opinion of which one is best.
The one I used, and who is also an approved vendor on this site is Gold Seal. As they say -
Pass Your Part 107 Exam Or We'll Pay For It.
I used them, followed their instruction and study plan, and passed the exam on my first try with plenty of time to spare. Any questions I had were quickly responded to and answered.

I used RemotePilot 101 for both initial and recurrent and passed both with 90 and 92.

As mentioned...to each his/her own preference. Pilot Institutue for me with a 98%. I was studying for recurrent multi-engine at the same time, so it helped a little, too.

Good luck on whichever course you choose. You‘ve Got This!

I highly recommend Pilot Institute. They seem to be very dedicated and reasonable.
Pilot institute.com
Happy Trails and Blue Skies.

Looking for a ground school, too. It's been about 20 years since I was last current with my private pilot ticket; so considering a refresher ground and a couple hours dual - and getting my medical... I'm retired now, so I should have more time to fly - lol; or, based on the fact I haven't flown in ages, and likely will just go flight dormant again anyway, just getting the ground and a 107 license.

Thanks for the references to Pilot Institute - it looks like a fair choice: I can go full part 61 or just 107. And the cost isn't too much different. I got a 73 on a test quiz, without studying, so haven't lost everything.

Hey guys and gals;

I've been flying as a recreations pilot for about a year, and since my brother in law introduced me to this hobby last year I've been hooked. I started out with a Mavic Air, then moved to a Mavic Pro Platinum and then a Mavic 2 Zoom. Yes, I still fly all three. I'm always been one of those guys that wants to know as much as I can about something (retired software engineer) so I'm going to pursue my FAA Part 107 License.

I've watched countless videos online, gone thru multiple test question scenarios, used www.1800wxbrief.com and skyvector.com for sectional charts and have even read a potion of the Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.

I'm now thinking I might want to take an actual ground school type of class. I've looked at a few, but these two keep coming up.

Any one here have an recommendations on wither of these or suggestions for a different one?

Thanks;

Marty
Hi Marty, we provide the most complete Part 107 training online. We trained you for much more than simply passing the test, we believe in making you proficient. For the value per dollar, it's hard to beat what we offer, plus we help sponsor this forum each month and make it possible to remain free for everyone.

With Pilot Institute, you will get much more than video content, you will also receive education from someone who has 20 years of aviation experience, is involved with the FAA on many levels, you'll get access to our private Facebook group of over 8000 students, you will get to practice your airspace knowledge with interactive 3D models, and so much more. Pilot Institute is an FAA Industry Partner, accredited by IACET to provide continuing education credits, all of the above are things that no one else in the industry offers. We are much more than an FAA test prep class.

Cheers!

Reactions: B52-D and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair