DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Temporary Certificate Timeline

gulfrider

Reactions
For those interested on the timeline from test to receiving my 107 Temporary Certificate. Here is mine:

Took test and passed - Aug 28 (results received the same day)
Filled in the online form to request for certificate - Aug 28
Checked on status of temporary certificate - Sep 7 status
Received 107 Temporary Certificate - Sep 8
Awaiting permanent certificate

The wait isn't really that bad. From test to my temporary certificate it took 11 calendar days. Hope this info helps others.

I took test on the 28th of July...a Monday..got the email that my temp was good for download the following Monday...just a week...been waiting at the mailbox since then for the permanent..I had seen someone post on here that he got his permanent in the mail 40 days after he passed the test

Reactions: projectarjun
I took the test at a testing center in Pembroke Pines, Fl this morning. I received the results in about eight minutes. I passed it with a 90% on my first attempt. The proctor suggested waiting 48 hours before going on the IACRA website. I am not in a big hurry so I will likely wait a day or so. I hope it doesn't take 40 days. I have my FAA A&P certificate and when I requested a replacement certificate after moving, it arrived in about two weeks.

I received my Temp Part 107 certificate on the 15th.
There were eight days from passing the knowledge test to issuance of the Part 107 Remote Pilot Temporary certificate. (valid for 120 days)

Reactions: projectarjun
I still haven't received my permanent one either and I completed the exam at the end of July of this year as well. Its the validity of the temporary one that concerns me. :(

Reactions: myuziq
@projectarjun
The Temporary certificate is good for 120 days. You can put the word Pending in place of the certificate number when you request authorizations through LAANC. It has been reported to work and updating after the cert number comes as not an issue. I am also still waiting for my cert number. I am curious as to how this works since I already have a certification number with my A&P.IACRA1.png

@projectarjun
The Temporary certificate is good for 120 days. You can put the word Pending in place of the certificate number when you request authorizations through LAANC. It has been reported to work and updating after the cert number comes as not an issue. I am also still waiting for my cert number. I am curious as to how this works since I already have a certification number with my A&P.View attachment 136581

I was wondering the same thing, since I'm already a commercial Heli pilot. When I had my CFI, it was my pilot cert number plus CFII.

@Jafo28
So now I know. My SUAS Cert number appeared today in IACRA and in the Airman search result. It may have come a bit quicker for those of us already present in the FAA Airman Registry. The time frame from test result to certificate number was 43 days.
FAACerts.png

Reactions: Jafo28
My hard card remote pilot certificate arrived today. That was ten days after I received my Certificate number. That is about 7 weeks from Passing the knowledge test to hard card in hand,

Reactions: Jafo28
My hard card remote pilot certificate arrived today. That was ten days after I received my Certificate number. That is about 7 weeks from Passing the knowledge test to hard card in hand,
Wow that was quick, mine took over 10
Weeks to arrive, I believe they are made in Ohio

I got hard copy in 10 weeks....it does seem like forever while you are waiting😉....are you longer than 10 weeks at this point?
I'm only about 8 weeks for me, but I remember my other pilot certificates taking close to the 120 days. One person I know did have to get a second temporary issued by a DPE.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ