DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Partially broken prop?

Housenotes

Reactions
While installing one of my props I broke one of the three pieces that hold the prop on the drone. Probably no longer good to use to fly, but the prop otherwise is brand new. Any way to repair or use the propellers to fix a broken propeller on another propeller that I crashed?

Props, motors, battery, ECS are all Single Failure Points which means... any one fails the aircraft falls back to Terra Firma out of control. Not worth the risk plus the prop hub is a very high stress area.

Toss that prop and order a new set asap so you always have a couple of spares on hand. The last time I damage ONE prop I actually damaged FOUR so I always keep a whole new set on stand-by.

Not worth the risk. In a small airplane, a partially missing prop can pull the engine out of the mounts... just saying.

To give a rough idea, assuming 6000RPM that means the angular velocity of the blade tips are 62m/sec. Which is 225km/h.
Or in other words, the props are subject to about 4000g acceleration on the edges.
So the slightest break or imbalance is going to cause damage to the motors or pul it apart.

The
While installing one of my props I broke one of the three pieces that hold the prop on the drone. Probably no longer good to use to fly, but the prop otherwise is brand new. Any way to repair or use the propellers to fix a broken propeller on another propeller that I crashed?
There's no such thing as a partially broken prop. It is broken or not. Hard to imagine trying to save such little money at the risk of your drone. If you can afford the drone, you can afford a prop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929