DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed 107 exam.

jspil

Reactions
Well I finally took the plunge, and took the 107 exam this morning. I'm happy to report that I passed. There were three questions that if I had just read the question one or two more times I probably wouldn't have missed. My advice (and I'm sure it's already been said here before) when taking the exam, dont chose an answer until one hundred percent sure you understand what's being asked. Read the question ten times if you have to. I found that between the three choices given for possible answers, one of them is obviously wrong. The other two are very close, but obviously only one is right. Good luck to anyone that will be taking the exam in the future. Take your time and read carefully.

Well I finally took the plunge, and took the 107 exam this morning. I'm happy to report that I passed. There were three questions that if I had just read the question one or two more times I probably wouldn't have missed. My advice (and I'm sure it's already been said here before) when taking the exam, dont chose an answer until one hundred percent sure you understand what's being asked. Read the question ten times if you have to. I found that between the three choices given for possible answers, one of them is obviously wrong. The other two are very close, but obviously only one is right. Good luck to anyone that will be taking the exam in the future. Take your time and read carefully.
is there a book you used primarily when boning up 4 the part 107 exam?

thanx

I took two different courses on Udemy.com thought by Greg Reverdiau and found them to be excellent. The two courses I took were "Airspace and charts for part 107 UAS remote pilots and UAS Remote pilot test prep for part 107. I decided to take the extra class on airspace because 40 percent of the exam is on airspace. Udemy has lots of sales on there courses so if you check occasionally you could get both courses for under $30. If your just looking to reade a book the PHAK (pilots handbook of aeronautical knowledge) covers everything on the exam. It can be found at www.faa.gov, search FAA-H-8083-25B. It's free to download. Good luck to you!
is there a book you used primarily when boning up 4 the part 107 exam?

thanx

When I took my test if I wasn't sure of the answer I passed over the question and at times found the answer to the skipped question in a question further down the test.

Reactions: jspil
There were a few questions that I found the answer or verification of an answer I wasnt 100% sure of in other questions as well. I'm a notoriously bad test taker and this has been a strategy I've used many times in the past. I tend to over think the question.
When I took my test if I wasn't sure of the answer I passed over the question and at times found the answer to the skipped question in a question further down the test.

Well done! Congrats!

Congratulations - Took mine Thursday the 4th and passed. 60 multiple choice questions. 53 of them I definitively knew the answers to. The outstanding 7 that I was unsure of, I "Marked" them. I knew I was allowed 18 questions wrong and still pass so I was comfortable. I went back on the 7 questions and did the best I could. When I pressed finished I scored 90% with 6-7 questions wrong. 4 of the questions I had wrong were not covered anywhere in any study materials so that was a big head scratcher. Anyway, I used the Gary Glen study video and spent the $39 for his pdf, Tony Northrup video & B-Roll video and practiced everything for 3 weeks until I was comfortable enough to schedule test. Lastly, show up 30 min early and refresh your weak areas in your car before you go in and then do a Brain Dump of those weak areas on the paper they provide you before you press the start button.

Congratulations on passing! I had pretty much the same experience with my exam. I skipped all questions I was not sure of and came back to them.
Congratulations - Took mine Thursday the 4th and passed. 60 multiple choice questions. 53 of them I definitively knew the answers to. The outstanding 7 that I was unsure of, I "Marked" them. I knew I was allowed 18 questions wrong and still pass so I was comfortable. I went back on the 7 questions and did the best I could. When I pressed finished I scored 90% with 6-7 questions wrong. 4 of the questions I had wrong were not covered anywhere in any study materials so that was a big head scratcher. Anyway, I used the Gary Glen study video and spent the $39 for his pdf, Tony Northrup video & B-Roll video and practiced everything for 3 weeks until I was comfortable enough to schedule test. Lastly, show up 30 min early and refresh your weak areas in your car before you go in and then do a Brain Dump of those weak areas on the paper they provide you before you press the start button.

Congrats!! In study mode for taking the test. Can now spent more time after having shoulder surgery a few days ago.

Also took online class from Dart Drones. Helped a lot because they give you a time limit to complete so gives you a nudge.

Congrats! It's a great feeling, right?? I totally agree with you in reading those questions/potential answers a few times. Some can be somewhat tricky. And...definitely use the Chart Supplement index. Many of the answers are right there. I did get a bit blindsided on a few questions on CRM (Crew Resource Management), but otherwise, by taking 4 practice tests from UAV Coach, I was pretty confident. Highly recommend their training modules (Drone Pilot Ground School).

I had a total knee replacement done in February and I also used the time off to take courses and study. My father just had shoulder surgery as well, and he is pretty miserable. I hope everything turns out well for you, and thanks for your well wishes.
Congrats!! In study mode for taking the test. Can now spent more time after having shoulder surgery a few days ago.

Thank you very much.
Congrats! It's a great feeling, right?? I totally agree with you in reading those questions/potential answers a few times. Some can be somewhat tricky. And...definitely use the Chart Supplement index. Many of the answers are right there. I did get a bit blindsided on a few questions on CRM (Crew Resource Management), but otherwise, by taking 4 practice tests from UAV Coach, I was pretty confident. Highly recommend their training modules (Drone Pilot Ground School).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty