DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Passive Track" a building/ lookat constraint

Reactions
Hi everyone. I've had my Mavic for a couple of weeks now and I'm really impressed with it. I played around with some of the intelligent flight modes, and I like POI.
There is however a "flight mode" that I would like to have but I can't find. I'll try to explain with an example:
Let's say I'd like to film a house (or anything static), coming in from pretty far away, and flying to almost exactelly over the house, and I would like the camera to keep the house in the center of the image, vertically at least, so steadily turning the camera downwards.
I know ActiveTrack does this more or less with moving people, or cars, but what if my object isn't human or a car, much bigger and not moving but just static?
Doing this by hand is tricky, I find it hard to really preciselly control the gimbal with the wheel under my left index finger.
In 3D programs we call this a lookat constraint, and that is what I'm looking for.
Hopefully someone can help me to look in the right direction (pun intended).
Cheers,
Rudi

Active track can do the trick, simply chose the house, but do not enter "profile" etc. and start moving Your drone - the camera will stay on subject.
Good Luck

Litchi has what you want it's called "Focus"

You define you subject by tapping on the map, select the height then fly the Mavic around and it keeps the subject in the frame.

I use it also when filming when climbing. I set the focus point at ground level at about 400m away. As I take off the camera points horizontal but as I rise it begins to point down but still keep the horizon in frame

Warning: it's a "cinematic" flight mode so everything is smooth - if you if you release the sticks the Mavic doesn't break to a stop quickly it continues to drift for an alarmingly long time! Smooth video though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka