DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload delivery ?

swb_mct

Reactions
Is there an accessory or known method to tether and release an object from a drone ? My son delivered a cell phone to his 12 year old son who was out on the lake ice-fishing with his Phantom 4. The kid had to manually release the phone from the Phantom - don't know the details.

Could use RC equipment with a servo but that is messy. Only thinking about safe and fun payloads.

Reactions: swb_mct
Yesterday some guys were talking about the practical "lift capacity" of the Mavic. I did a quick test with a 20oz bottle of water.
Ascent speed did not seem slower that without the 22oz (total weight) attached. The sound or rpm was not noticeable different. It could carry much more than this 22oz. test.
But, when I was up around 80 feet I hit full down, and it fell like a rock, and had messy-difficult recovery that finished about 5 feet above the snow.
I used about 3 feet of blue-tape for the test with the weight at the center point of the 4 blades. If someone wanted to deliver a drink holder of cocktails to friends sitting on their dock, the weight should be mounted much higher.
20oz-lift.png

I use one, it does not affect functionality...
Obviously I don't send anything heavy, don't like pushing it.
I just use it to deliver grams, and so far got no cmplaints at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybee1966