DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload Release Latch (timed or remote-controlled)

eroomomni

Reactions
I am curious if there is a recommended payload release latch for the Mavic (either timed or remotely controlled). I know of some release latches that have been used for the Mavic but those I know about are kludgy, bulky and often limited to close proximity. I am looking for a very simple device that will release a payload like a parachute or something similar. What I envision is a small hook that will open at a specific time programmed, or released upon remote control. I know of one that utilizes a device that activates by sensing the lights on the Mavic. I can't help but think there is some kind of device that is for another purpose that will attach to the Mavic. Even a wind up or AAA battery that will release in XX number of minutes. The earlier days of RC Aircraft, had sophisticated radios where we could program any number of servers to be activated by numerous switches on the radio. Unfortunately, one of tne of the very few drawbacks of the DJI radios is limited options. Any thoughts? Anything and everything kludgy or on the market would be of interest.
Thank you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000