DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Payload warning

Greatfullded

Reactions
I had my drone for abt 3 months and i flew down in SD in the back country NP... and i like going up 394 feet above my house to get mtn and ocean shots.. and sunset shots NP.. but starting yesterday now im getting payload warnings?? i have not put anything on this except stickers, just wierd that its saying payload warning everytime i fly now... is this a common occurence?? also getting high wind warning since a couple days ago too.. i never fly when its a breeze.. its totally dead here 3 miles from the beach and i flew like 100 ft above the palm trees and get a hi wind warning.. i know winds are different in alt. but from 0 to high wind warning in 100 ft higher is strange.. and the low overcast is not moving at all too.. so no wind up there either.. anyways sorry for the crazy question but just want some suggestions or explaination...

Ty

Make sure you have the lasted firmware installed. Are you using the propeller's guards or protectors?
Try also changing the propellers.

Make sure you have the lasted firmware installed. Are you using the propeller's guards or protectors?
Try also changing the propellers.
no guards, the only thing i have on it is pgytech extended landing gears which is not the cradle ones that look like skid plates thats all.. i always manually click on updates and it sez its up to date

no guards, the only thing i have on it is pgytech extended landing gears which is not the cradle ones that look like skid plates thats all.. i always manually click on updates and it sez its up to date
The problem is that the mini is detecting the extra weight probably from those skid plates and is activating payload mode. Normally when payload mode is activated will limit your altitude and the distance you can fly. Probably between the skid plates and the stickers you pass the weight when the payload is triggering.

Try removing the skid plates and changing propellers as well will not hurt to test.

will try but im not using skid plates... if you ever seen the landing gear thats just a nub on the arm thats what im using and nvr had this problem in the 3 months i had it.. but will give a try.

The problem is that the mini is detecting the extra weight probably from those skid plates and is activating payload mode. Normally when payload mode is activated will limit your altitude and the distance you can fly. Probably between the skid plates and the stickers you pass the weight when the payload is triggering.

Try removing the skid plates and changing propellers as well will not hurt to test.
Ok.. took off my landing gear not skid plates... and it didnt give me a warning.. or high wind warning and i went 494ft instead of 300 when i got wind warning a hour ago and payload warning.. cant believe it doing that now.. for 3 month it been ok.. wierd.. guess i will can the landing gear for now just dont like to have the props soo close to the ground.

ty for the suggestion

Reactions: zeusfl
I would be inclined to compare the existing blades with new ones, paying particular attention to their pitch and leading edge to trailing edge curvature. Also any general depression of the blade tip when compared to new blades.
If you replace any blades replace both blades on a given motor.

I bought the stealth props.. and that has not giving me any problems till yesterday on payload thing.. i guess you rather me put back on the original props?? i installed it correctly , same as original props... what is your thoughts on that.. i seen may reviews of alot of mini 2 owners saying they liked it and had no problems

Nothing better than the original props. The props over the time lost their curve (pitch). I learned that not too long ago with the Mini or Mini2. I am not sure if @PhiliusFoggg was who suggest me that. Changing props every 6 months will be good.

I had my drone for abt 3 months and i flew down in SD in the back country NP... and i like going up 394 feet above my house to get mtn and ocean shots.. and sunset shots NP.. but starting yesterday now im getting payload warnings?? i have not put anything on this except stickers, just wierd that its saying payload warning everytime i fly now... is this a common occurence?? also getting high wind warning since a couple days ago too.. i never fly when its a breeze.. its totally dead here 3 miles from the beach and i flew like 100 ft above the palm trees and get a hi wind warning.. i know winds are different in alt. but from 0 to high wind warning in 100 ft higher is strange.. and the low overcast is not moving at all too.. so no wind up there either.. anyways sorry for the crazy question but just want some suggestions or explaination...

Ty
It very easy to turn off Payload mode once the payload mode is activated in the sky , than you can go into the menu and turn it off but not before it activates.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

Nothing better than the original props. The props over the time lost their curve (pitch). I learned that not too long ago with the Mini or Mini2. I am not sure if @PhiliusFoggg was who suggest me that. Changing props every 6 months will be good.
Thats a very good suggestion, then again depend on how much you fly but you can make this the same as getting a oil change on ur car.. its cheap insurance to keep it running well.. I will keep my stealth props on it till i see a warning again... if that happens i will change props out or if this last me 6 to 8 months i will put back on my original props as a schedual maintenence as you said.. like i said you You suggested its cheap insurance.

ty once again for the tip.

It very easy to turn off Payload mode once the payload mode is activated in the sky , than you can go into the menu and turn it off but not before it activates.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.
Ya i been reading that if my problems still exsisted after i took off my landing gear.. but it stopped and my high wind warning too.. so i guess it was my little landing gear.. not skid plates that is so common but the individual gear you put on the arms.. so as for now im ok... just dont like it without landing gears if i landed this in high grass.. props will not be too happy.

Welcome to the forum nFrom Chicago the Windy City.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada