DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PC portable as a ground station?

Tim101

Reactions
I bought an ipad pro for my mavic because it sounded like one of the best. But really did not suit me. Built a scaffolding so that it wound sit under the antenna region. Now its too heavy And it does not have any output for goggles _ most tablets don't.
Would a laptop ( such as Lenovo ideapad ) work for a ground station with GO 4 or Lichee ? Almost al laptops have an HDMI port for goggles.

As far as I know, there's no windows support for the DJI app. Not sure about litchi but I assume no since DJI doesn't provide APIs for Windows.

Hi! You are right saying there is no DJI API for Windows. However, it is possible to connect to your DJI Mavic to a Windows laptop if you have an Android device. Our ground station software supports DJI Mavic Pro. If you have access to an Android device - tablet or phone, you should be able to connect your Mavic to UgCS running on a PC in no time :) You can download our free version from www.ugcs.com

Here's the connection manual

DJI Mavic Pro support is currently experimental, but next week or so we will be rolling out an update which will feature full Mavic Pro support, so stay tuned!

Hope that helps!

Hi! You are right saying there is no DJI API for Windows. However, it is possible to connect to your DJI Mavic to a Windows laptop if you have an Android device. Our ground station software supports DJI Mavic Pro. If you have access to an Android device - tablet or phone, you should be able to connect your Mavic to UgCS running on a PC in no time :) You can download our free version from www.ugcs.com

Here's the connection manual

DJI Mavic Pro support is currently experimental, but next week or so we will be rolling out an update which will feature full Mavic Pro support, so stay tuned!

Hope that helps!

Does UgCS currently support Mavic video on the PC client side? I'm testing the free version and was unable to view the video feed despite having it on the UgCS android app. The only video feed it detected was the laptop's webcam. Also, what is the projected timeline for Spark support? Thanks.

Does UgCS currently support Mavic video on the PC client side? I'm testing the free version and was unable to view the video feed despite having it on the UgCS android app. The only video feed it detected was the laptop's webcam. Also, what is the projected timeline for Spark support? Thanks.

Mavic video feed should work on PC. Please e-mail our support engineers at [email protected] so we can help you get it working!
Regarding Spark, in the current version of DJI SDK (4.1.X) it does not work with UgCS, but it might work starting from the next release.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22