DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pennsylvania State Parks survey

Reactions: copterbob
I've never seen anybody suggest Drone Days for state/national parks; drone pilots are taxpayers too, after all. Say maybe every Wed/Thurs and one Saturday a month it's permissible to fly drones.

I understand the desire for peace and quiet in the wilderness (have packed into it dozens of times) but usage of these places should be available to and shared by all for varied purposes.

Benjamin Rush State Park does allow drone & fixed wing flying if you're an AMA member, but the park is small and not very scenic.

I've never seen anybody suggest Drone Days for state/national parks; drone pilots are taxpayers too, after all. Say maybe every Wed/Thurs and one Saturday a month it's permissible to fly drones.

I understand the desire for peace and quiet in the wilderness (have packed into it dozens of times) but usage of these places should be available to and shared by all for varied purposes.

I'm not seeking specific days they will allow us to fly but them allowing us to fly in general and completely agree that we should be able to do so provided we are doing it in a considerate and non-dangerous way.

From what I've seen online plenty of people seem to get hassled by rangers if they try and fly and from reading online it appears they indicate you can only fly in very limited areas of very limited number of parks with prior permission. There was some debate regarding what regulation/rule was allowing them to do this but that's another topic I guess (sorta).

My thought was, maybe if enough people in PA showed interest in being able to do this they might put more thought into it and open it up some more/hassle people less. I guess the thought was...it can't hurt to make the suggestion and if others do also that may help more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_