DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

People are Spoiled!!!!!!!!

kidroc

Reactions
It always amazes me to read all the threads about how unhappy people are with there models. I only dreamed of being able to this with my trusty Cox airplane on a string when i was 8... And all the people that complain about what we have now Man PEOPLE ARE SPOILED!!!...

Right!.....Jeez even 6 to 8 years ago....do u guys remember the blade 350 qx? :p i had fun with that drone tho that thing in agility (red mode) i called it death mode lol was a hoot! 8 flips in a row from 80 ft .....god was the camera and gimbal quality poor ....i used an old go pro and a ebay "special" gimbal from china....this was before the blade cgo's were announced and the typhoon h's.....i think one of my first quads was a blade mqx with a keychain cam....lol then up to the nano qx ....good trainer quad!

It always amazes me to read all the threads about how unhappy people are with there models. I only dreamed of being able to this with my trusty Cox airplane on a string when i was 8... And all the people that complain about what we have now Man PEOPLE ARE SPOILED!!!...
No kidding. I'm not sure if it's more of an effect of being spoiled, or just the fact that millennials just never had the experience of anything different so the technology isn't appreciated as much. As a gen-x member growing up with rotary-dial corded phones, typewriters (when I got a little older an electric one), no internet and all of its ills, a TV that got three local stations (a few more if switched to UHF), vinyl records and cassettes (the "Walkman" was revolutionary at the time), cameras that used film and disposable flash cubes - I believe I, and you, have a different appreciation of today's technology/toys. I worked two paper routes for months to save $400 to buy my first motorcycle, a mint Suzuki TS250. Today a teenager will drop three times that on a cell phone without blinking, and that phone probably has more hard memory and computing power than was used by mission control to send men to the moon. Of course our parents probably thought we were spoiled as well.

Yessss ....the trusty old paper routes....those were hard hustling summers ...i dont think i see anyone doing that anymore

Summers were a breeze. Lugging papers through the snow in the winter was the real bite.
Yea the only crazy storm.i remember being of significance and a pain was the blizzard of 96 lol otherwise i loved the winters and snow! I just remember dreading those summers

No kidding. I'm not sure if it's more of an effect of being spoiled, or just the fact that millennials just never had the experience of anything different so the technology isn't appreciated as much. As a gen-x member growing up with rotary-dial corded phones, typewriters (when I got a little older an electric one), no internet and all of its ills, a TV that got three local stations (a few more if switched to UHF), vinyl records and cassettes (the "Walkman" was revolutionary at the time), cameras that used film and disposable flash cubes - I believe I, and you, have a different appreciation of today's technology/toys. I worked two paper routes for months to save $400 to buy my first motorcycle, a mint Suzuki TS250. Today a teenager will drop three times that on a cell phone without blinking, and that phone probably has more hard memory and computing power than was used by mission control to send men to the moon. Of course our parents probably thought we were spoiled as well.
BTW...film is making a comeback, albeit small

I believe I, and you, have a different appreciation of today's technology/toys.
I don't know how you can keep seeing them as impressive a decade or 2 later. At some point as impressive as something may be it's ubiquitous and it's just a tool like a screwdriver may be...

Reactions: kidroc
Every morning I wake up I find myself in the future. I'm new to drone flying and drone photography and I am simply amazed at what the Mavic Air can do. Nothing is good or bad except by comparison (Bud Selig?). As I get older my experience with the past increases and I am impressed with what the future has brought. Bring it on.

I fondly recall building my own balsa/paper wing fighters powered by a Cox .049 engine. Those were the days?

Yep 1st world problems alright

Here in Australia, many regions are experiencing an extreme multi year drought where towns have to truck in drinking water. The funny thing is that people in the big cities on the east coast are still watering their lawns and have no idea of whats going on a couple of hundred kms away

• Wow
Reactions: Pietros and kidroc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580