DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Perama - Salamina, Attica GR

Tasos GR

Reactions
Perama is the westernmost tip of Piraeus and is 15 km away from Athens.
In ancient times the area was called Amfiali.
Modern Perama takes the form of a settlement in the 1920s, when refugees from Asia Minor seek their new life in this area.
The presence, until the 60's, of several seaside taverns and popular nightclubs reflects the popular character of the area that is preserved to this day.
The majority of the inhabitants of the area work in the shipyards of Perama.

It was named "Spinalonga of Piraeus", but some also remember it as "hell of the Saronic Gulf".
This is the islet of Agios Georgios at the entrance of the port of Salamina.
From 1865 there was a disinfection center for the treatment of infectious diseases, mainly cholera.
The passengers of the ships that came from epidemic areas and had to be put downhill were initially led there.
Later, thousands of Greek refugees from Asia Minor experienced isolation under adverse conditions.
The first wave of refugees came in 1919 and the conditions for the displaced were miserable.
In 1924 alone, the island hosted 100,000 refugees.
The disinfectant Commander building stands out and still stands despite its abandonment.
The church of Agios Georgios was the one that gave the name to the island with the heavy history.
The so-called Spinalonga of Piraeus in recent years has become a place of hospitality for the mentally ill.
From 1947 to 1960 it hosted patients with mental health problems.
The "crazy" as the Koulouriotes used to say.
That is why in their language, the island of Agios Georgios was called "the island of the crazy".

The passage from Perama to Paloukia -the busy port of Salamina- takes about 15 minutes.
According to tradition, Saint Lavrentios, when he came to Salamina after a vision and founded the monastery of Faneromeni, crossed the sea by pressing on his cape
You choose a more conventional way and take the traditional slipper that we all know and love.

Recently, the Perama-Salamina submarine link came to the fore, an ambitious project, which, however, remains on paper since the 1990s.
The underwater tunnel 1,100m. will lead to the island of Agios Georgios.
The required transit time will range between 2-3 minutes!

Another great video!

Reactions: Tasos GR
Perama is the westernmost tip of Piraeus and is 15 km away from Athens.
In ancient times the area was called Amfiali.
Modern Perama takes the form of a settlement in the 1920s, when refugees from Asia Minor seek their new life in this area.
The presence, until the 60's, of several seaside taverns and popular nightclubs reflects the popular character of the area that is preserved to this day.
The majority of the inhabitants of the area work in the shipyards of Perama.

It was named "Spinalonga of Piraeus", but some also remember it as "hell of the Saronic Gulf".
This is the islet of Agios Georgios at the entrance of the port of Salamina.
From 1865 there was a disinfection center for the treatment of infectious diseases, mainly cholera.
The passengers of the ships that came from epidemic areas and had to be put downhill were initially led there.
Later, thousands of Greek refugees from Asia Minor experienced isolation under adverse conditions.
The first wave of refugees came in 1919 and the conditions for the displaced were miserable.
In 1924 alone, the island hosted 100,000 refugees.
The disinfectant Commander building stands out and still stands despite its abandonment.
The church of Agios Georgios was the one that gave the name to the island with the heavy history.
The so-called Spinalonga of Piraeus in recent years has become a place of hospitality for the mentally ill.
From 1947 to 1960 it hosted patients with mental health problems.
The "crazy" as the Koulouriotes used to say.
That is why in their language, the island of Agios Georgios was called "the island of the crazy".

The passage from Perama to Paloukia -the busy port of Salamina- takes about 15 minutes.
According to tradition, Saint Lavrentios, when he came to Salamina after a vision and founded the monastery of Faneromeni, crossed the sea by pressing on his cape
You choose a more conventional way and take the traditional slipper that we all know and love.

Recently, the Perama-Salamina submarine link came to the fore, an ambitious project, which, however, remains on paper since the 1990s.
The underwater tunnel 1,100m. will lead to the island of Agios Georgios.
The required transit time will range between 2-3 minutes!

As always- beautiful. I would sure love to have sub-titles or captioning.

Dale

Reactions: Tasos GR
Hey, narration this time! Very nice. Can I assume you were reading that copy you included with the video on this page? Great job as usual. I swear, you greeks must put something in the water to make it look so blue! Ha.

Hey, narration this time! Very nice. Can I assume you were reading that copy you included with the video on this page? Great job as usual. I swear, you greeks must put something in the water to make it look so blue! Ha.
The narration was all Greek to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Agreed. Beautiful area. Great flying! I like at about 1:38, the ferry suddenly is going backward for a short time.

As always- beautiful. I would sure love to have sub-titles or captioning.

Dale
I understand that this is a problem and I will fix it in the future. For now what I say in video I have written it with text here on this page. Thank you very much

Exactly.. the text included with the video on this page. Lol about the color of the sea :) Thank you very much

Agreed. Beautiful area. Great flying! I like at about 1:38, the ferry suddenly is going backward for a short time.
Thank you very much!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22