DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Perfect Pictures / No display ???

Whitace

Reactions
I have a Mini 2 and about a month ago I stopped getting any feed on my phone screen. The drone otherwise, flies perfectly fine. I can actually take photos and video that look perfect but I have no display on my phone while doing so. This makes the drone pretty unsafe to fly anywhere out of my sight... which in turn makes the thing pretty useless. I wanna say that this problem started about the 1.6.6 download but now we are at 1.6.9 and I have the same problem. I'm really not looking at purchasing another drone and would very much like this one to work. ANYONE out there have any ideas or the same problem? I will say there was a time when the screen did come up after I left the drone site for like 10 min while everything was on but the background was completely checkered. Attached is a photo of what I see on my phone.

Whitace

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-090739.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-090739.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 18
Yes the drone will work perfectly well without the viewing device, just, as you say, you can't see what it's doing!
Several questions come to mind, was the drone/display working OK before the download? What device are you using?
What is this 1.6.6, 1.6.9 download, on your device? as they don't look like drone/RC firmware numbers. These are the latest Mini 2 firmwares on my drone:

IMG_0075.jpg

Yes the drone will work perfectly well without the viewing device, just, as you say, you can't see what it's doing!
Several questions come to mind, was the drone/display working OK before the download? What device are you using?
What is this 1.6.6, 1.6.9 download, on your device? as they don't look like drone/RC firmware numbers. These are the latest Mini 2 firmwares on my drone:

View attachment 151507
It worked fine before the download. I'm using an S22 ultra. 1.6.9 is the dji fly app download.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-175138.jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-175138.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 2
Um, I'm running 1.5.10. on my iPad so way behind you. I've also got a backup iPhone XR so I'll download the latest Fly app to that and see what happens........
Where did you download from, must be from here. (Funnily enough, went there on my XR and it says download from App Store). Anyway, downloaded version 1.6.9 onto my XR so will check it out later, got to walk the dog😁
IMG_0010.PNG

Last edited:
OK. Just fired up the drone/RC using App version 1.6.9 and everything works perfectly, screen shot of drone view.
You need to check out your connecting cable, they are prone to damage........
IMG_0011.PNG

Reactions: Whitace
Check your USB default settings on your phone. Select charge only if it's not already selected and also check your permissions for the app on your phone. It's easy to miss one of the pop-ups boxes you have to click on for the app to run properly when installing.

Have you tried an older version of the DJIFly app? DJI Fly APKs - APKMirror
I have not... but THANKS for this... this will rule out the app... as one of the others suggested... I ordered a new connection cable from my controller to my phone... will be in tomorrow... was only 8 bucks... something should work :)... Will keep you guys posted.

A although I'm using an old iPad mini 3 as a screen, as I said, I have updated theFly App to 1.6.9 and just had a 20 minute flight with no issues.
I wonder if there is a compatibility issue between the S22 and the updated App?
You need someone on her who also uses the S22 to confirm this for you.

I just picked up a mini 2 and I also have an S22 ultra phone. After going through the startup I didn't update immediately and had the video feed and all was great. I then update no more video feed...grrrr! I'm in the same boat as you, and very new to the drone game, and not sure what to do from here!

I just picked up a mini 2 and I also have an S22 ultra phone. After going through the startup I didn't update immediately and had the video feed and all was great. I then update no more video feed...grrrr! I'm in the same boat as you, and very new to the drone game, and not sure what to do from here!
I have been trying things... I got it to work the other day and when I did the fly db update it went away... going to try some more things tonight... will keep you posted... however there is a link on here to a place where the older APK's are located... and that proved to be essential. Stay tuned.

This is what I posted for another member who was having problems with their Galaxy S20 so I will not rehash it here but attach the link. Since a couple of you are having similar problems, it's probably an incompatibility with what Samsung did to the version of Android that is running on your phones. Don't blame DJI, they cannot test every phone or tablet that hits the market. And even if they did, the phone and tablet manufacturers are always putting out updates to their devices just as DJI does and that could kill a "beautiful relationship" your device had with the Fly App…

New owner app concerns

Ok, figured out how to get into developer and debug the USB and made sure it was set to charge only.
Video feed is back...YES!! Hope it lasts!

Hi Whitace, I did a Google search for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra how to enter developer mode. Many you tube videos came up on how do it. Once in there turn on debug USB and charge only USB. Some of the videos show you these steps also.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada