DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permission to fly in Cyprus

I read this and it says something about no flying near people and then the example footage at the end is mainly over people!
Hi ash, yep that is right, but that is drone law anywhere, this is the basics for flying, it's mainly common sense and to show consideration while flying, obeying drone law and local drone law.
I have done a load of courses with phantom film school, thoroughly recommend it. Safe flying guys. Just remember it's those that done follow the rules, don't have confederation and have far too much testosterone that spoil it for all of us.

Hi evan im trying to register myself and the website link does not work. is it now this address? thanks
Drones Registration Cyprus

Hey there,
I'm in the same boat ad you; it appears the older links kindly provided by Evans12 are somewhat out of date because I found the same form you linked to. I submitted mine but have no clue how, when and if MrCyprus will answer me. I'm eager to fly :(

Hey there,
I'm in the same boat ad you; it appears the older links kindly provided by Evans12 are somewhat out of date because I found the same form you linked to. I submitted mine but have no clue how, when and if MrCyprus will answer me. I'm eager to fly :(

Hi All,

i went to Cyprus and had no issues, i flew Singapore via Doha to Cyrus on Qatar Airways. Had no issues with customs at any location i carried everything in hand luggage.

I emailed the the address that Evan12 suggested three times, however i never got a response.

I then registered at this address Drones Registration Cyprus and kept a copy of the output on my phone just incase anyone asked while i was there ( No one did )

To be honest i didn't fly that much and when i did it was in quiet areas i had no issues at all.

Wes

Hey there,

yh i did the same and filled in that form and noticed it said it is automatically put on the database apparently but wasnt sure

Hi Guys, OK things have changed in Cyprus, think they are getting too many applications, so here is the reply from <[email protected]>

Dear Mr Evans,
Regarding your email below, we would like to inform you that all information regarding drone operation in Cyprus, registration, regulation, etc can be found on the Departments website for UAV/DRONES ( www.drones.gov.cy ). All drone users are required to declare their drone on the website. The drone registration is automatic for the open category, no reply is sent and the details are recorded in the Department's database.

Best regards,

RPAS/UAV Team

Guys, it is now much simpler to register, the link is in the email copy or just below, I will be out there in 4 weeks, good luck and fly safely.

Μη Επανδρωμένα Αεροσκάφη Κύπρος- Drones Registration Cyprus

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_133457.jpg
    IMG_20180904_133457.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180904_133504.jpg
    IMG_20180904_133504.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Hi Guys, OK things have changed in Cyprus, think they are getting too many applications, so here is the reply from <[email protected]>

Dear Mr Evans,
Regarding your email below, we would like to inform you that all information regarding drone operation in Cyprus, registration, regulation, etc can be found on the Departments website for UAV/DRONES ( www.drones.gov.cy ). All drone users are required to declare their drone on the website. The drone registration is automatic for the open category, no reply is sent and the details are recorded in the Department's database.

Best regards,

RPAS/UAV Team

Guys, it is now much simpler to register, the link is in the email copy or just below, I will be out there in 4 weeks, good luck and fly safely.

Thanks for the info mate very helpful cheers

Reactions: Evans12
Has anyone got any feedback on flying in Cyprus? Ever had any problems with anyone?
I'm looking at going in November, I've never flown outside the UK the thought of an argument about it with a police officer with the language barrier worries me!

Has anyone got any feedback on flying in Cyprus? Ever had any problems with anyone?
I'm looking at going in November, I've never flown outside the UK the thought of an argument about it with a police officer with the language barrier worries me!
Hi Tom, I was there two weeks ago in Pafos, no problems at all register at:

Try going to
Aphrodite rock for sun rise/sunset
Shipwreck of MV Demetrios II about 2 km out to sea
The Edro III Shipwreck, in a bay

I had some great footage from these, up at Akamas and Troodos as well, enjoy, you won't get hassled unless your doing something your not supposed to.

Have a great trip

Steve

Hi Tom, I was there two weeks ago in Pafos, no problems at all register at:

Try going to
Aphrodite rock for sun rise/sunset
Shipwreck of MV Demetrios II about 2 km out to sea
The Edro III Shipwreck, in a bay

I had some great footage from these, up at Akamas and Troodos as well, enjoy, you won't get hassled unless your doing something your not supposed to.

Have a great trip

Steve
Great! That's where I am heading at the end of November, puts me at ease knowing I'm not the only one doing it!

Thanks for the tips, all registered ready to go!

Hi all, to those who have travelled to Cyprus with a drone, when you fill in the registration form I take it you don't get a reply etc? Also, what's the score with travelling on an aircraft with the drone? Does it need to be with you as carry on hand luggage and when you get to security do you require to take it all out including batteries for it to go through the scanner?

Hi all, to those who have travelled to Cyprus with a drone, when you fill in the registration form I take it you don't get a reply etc? Also, what's the score with travelling on an aircraft with the drone? Does it need to be with you as carry on hand luggage and when you get to security do you require to take it all out including batteries for it to go through the scanner?
I went two weeks ago. No reply from them, just took a copy of the form in Greek and English.
Just check the company your flying with for rules on lithium batteries.
I flew easyjet, so can carry two batteries as long as they are isolated (so in my lipo safe bags) and in my hand luggage. No drama through security they just treated like a laptop, have to separate it from your hand luggage.

Cool, I believe we are also flying with Easyjet - is two batteries the maximum they permit? So when you say you have to separate it from your hand luggage, did you have a rucksack or bag as hand luggage and also your drone in a separate carrier? I use a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW to carry my Mavic around.

Cool, I believe we are also flying with Easyjet - is two batteries the maximum they permit? So when you say you have to separate it from your hand luggage, did you have a rucksack or bag as hand luggage and also your drone in a separate carrier? I use a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW to carry my Mavic around.
Hi there mate, I separated my batteries into lipo battery bags, make sure no batteries connected to the drone, I carried all my drone in a rucksack with no problems at all.

CamKix Explosion Proof LiPo Battery Bag compatible with DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum - 2 Pack - Fire Resistant Safety and Storage Pouch - For Safe Charging and Transport - up to 4 Batteries

Cheers m8, I have 3 Lipo bags I can use. How many batteries did you take and did you leave one battery fitted to the drone? I believe you can take only 2 batteries if they are 100 Mw/hour each but the Mavic Pro's are well below that so I was planning on taking 3?

Cheers m8, I have 3 Lipo bags I can use. How many batteries did you take and did you leave one battery fitted to the drone? I believe you can take only 2 batteries if they are 100 Mw/hour each but the Mavic Pro's are well below that so I was planning on taking 3?
Hi, I took 3 batteries, make sure the battery is disconnected from the drone and all at least drained 50%. I had **** loads of trouble in Dubai but Cyprus nothing at all, check out previous posts for some great flight videography areas, have a great time, love Cyprus might even move there.

Another "option" is look at "Nevermindyouown" on you tube. I think "Peter" has a series on his visit to Cyprus, and the bits, ping him on his channel and see if you get a response.
He seems like a good guy...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost