DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permit Namibia

paulsteman

Reactions
Hello,
Does anyone know how to get a permit for Namibia to fly my Mavic Pro for recreational purposes? I will be there in June 2018.
Regards,
Paul Steman
Netherlands

Hi, have a look through the posts. There was a guy that posted Mavic vids from Namibian desert.

Hi....I am new here and don't know exactly how it works here. I am searching for information about how to apply for a drone permit for Namibia. Any suggestions?

Hi Paul,

The current rules around flying your drone in Namibia are quite strict. The country is very familiar with drones and is trying to regulate it more to protect the animals in some of the reserves, as many operators in the past have buzzed the animals with their drone and so on causing a disturbance.

You can get a permit from the Namibia authorities directly which takes several weeks, or we can obtain a permit on your behalf here, Namibia Drone Laws & Permits

Please PM or reply here if you have any specific questions and we would be more than happy to help!

Hi Paul,

I share your excitement in your planning your trip to Namibia. Nothing like it. Enjoy.

I can only share my experience with my trip a couple of months ago. If you plan to toe the line like I do, you will be very limited in what you can capture.

It took me 3 months to get a permit and only managed to do so as my two nephews fly for Air Namibia. Thy assisted getting it done. We live in South Africa. The cost is around $80 from here.

I was never asked for the permit. Quite a waste but if you are law abiding, that’s the only way.

I only took to the air if I got permission from the authorities. I did not manage to get permission in 80% of the areas I would have loved to capture.

We were fortunate enough to get permission to take to the air in only two parks, in both cases we assisted a stranded game ranger who then did us a favor in return.

You may check out my thread here:

It is said that Dead Vally has the oldest and highest dunes in the world. Those that say so miss the point: There is no place on earth that is so spectacular yet so dramatic.

I fear I fail dismally at capturing the experience. Nothing parallels being there on the dunes yourself. This is one place that should be number 1 on your bucket list.

Let me know what you think and don’t forget to subscribe. I’ll return the favor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR