DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Peru in 3 Minutes

Went to Peru in June and had an amazing time. Here are some quick shots of what the country has to offer. I got some of my favorite drone shots in the country as well. The opening shot in the video is one of the best shots I have gotten with the Air 2.
Great video! Great content and very well put together. I must say one of the best videos I've seen in a while and I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Keep up the great work. I'm a new subscriber now.

What camera did you use when not using a drone?

Great video! Great content and very well put together. I must say one of the best videos I've seen in a while and I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Keep up the great work. I'm a new subscriber now.
Thanks gfields I appreciate it.

Reactions: GFields

Went to Peru in June and had an amazing time. Here are some quick shots of what the country has to offer. I got some of my favorite drone shots in the country as well. The opening shot in the video is one of the best shots I have gotten with the Air 2.
Pretty cool. Were you allowed to fly around machu pichu?

Excellent video! Great combinations of Drone / other video footage making great overall vision. 👍🏻

Reactions: San_Marino
Terrific video! A lot of stuff in 3:00. What was that area toward the end, terraced and very wet...Rice growing?

Pretty cool. Were you allowed to fly around machu pichu?
The have a fairly strict no fly zone around the site. The only drone shot I captured of Machu Picchu was a few miles away. As long as you are a few miles out you should have no problems.

Terrific video! A lot of stuff in 3:00. What was that area toward the end, terraced and very wet...Rice growing?
Thanks Dave. The last shots are of a salt mine. There are over 6000 salt pools and they are individually owned by local families.

Really nice!

I am going to Peru next month. I am reading you have to pay a VAT upon entering the country, which you will get back upon leaving. And that you have to register your drone at the DGAC. Did you do all that? What was your experience?

Really nice!

I am going to Peru next month. I am reading you have to pay a VAT upon entering the country, which you will get back upon leaving. And that you have to register your drone at the DGAC. Did you do all that? What was your experience?
I sent you info in a direct message, but let me know if you have any other questions. The short answer for others that are interested is that I didn't do any paperwork ahead of time and had no issues.

I sent you info in a direct message, but let me know if you have any other questions. The short answer for others that are interested is that I didn't do any paperwork ahead of time and had no issues.
I'm interested in your experience as well. I'm heading to Peru in a few days and contemplating bringing my Air 2s. Don't want to bring it if it is going to be more of a headache than a good time!

I'm interested in your experience as well. I'm heading to Peru in a few days and contemplating bringing my Air 2s. Don't want to bring it if it is going to be more of a headache than a good time!
Hey m_mal1,

I was worried about bringing my drone to Peru before I visited, however, I didn't have any issues during my trip. I did a bit of research online and everyone was saying that you needed to register the drone and get permission to fly anywhere in the country. I ended up not doing any of that and had no issues. So keep in mind this is anecdotal advice only based on my experience, but I think you can go to Peru and fly your drone and non-restricted areas without doing any type of legal paperwork ahead of time. If you're being a courteous drone flyer and staying away from the tourist sites and not flying around people, then I think you will run into no issues. One last note is that a lot of people online mentioned that your drone might be confiscated at the airport and you have to pay a fee or an import tax of some sort. I was worried about that, but none of those things happened to me.

Peru is so rad. You are going to have a blast.

Very nice! Looks really beautiful there.
How long were the zip lines?

Awesome video. I wasn't expecting the salt pools, though, that was pretty crazy. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Arthur. The salt pool were incredibly cool to see. They are all owned by local families; all the families in the region gets to mine one of the pools for themselves. It's a pretty cool system.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots