DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PFcO - Where/How and Worth it?

Meelius

Reactions
Hello all.

So I'm looking at getting my PFcO, or should I say saving up for the course fees of approx£1500 ($2000 usd)

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Course providers etc.in the UK
Based on my online research to date some appear to be more professional and better organised than others, and there is also quite a big price range.
Eg. Some course providers seemingly offer some of the qualification online, and so the overall costs are reduced.

Also since I have been flying for around 18 months and am confident in my flying skills, legal issues, safety awareness, and so on, is it necessary that I shell out £1000 + for a 'training' course.
I understand that there will be specific things I need to demonstrate in order to satisfy the CAA , but is not possible to just sit the exam, and take an actual flying test in the same way for example as
sitting a driving test in the UK?

Eg. In the UK if you are a competent driver who has been taught to drive safely and legally by another driver, and also passed the theory test, then you do not need to waste hundreds of pounds on lessons from a driving school!. IF You pass the theory test, and the practical driving test you get your licence.

Also - is gaining the PFcO really worth it? I don't currently fly commercially, and don't see it becoming a full time career, but it would be nice for example to say Yes to the occasional enquiry for my drone videography skills or perhaps sell the odd photograph.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61