DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGYTECH Filters

Vroom66

Reactions
PGYTech filters - I couldn't get them to work prior to start up, they were catching the gimbal. I emailed PGY they replied, quite promptly, long story short if you give them a little turn once pushed on it seems to seat them a fraction more deeply - not even visible to the eye but enough to allow the gimbal to do its dance. If not they will replace them apparently. Happily mine now seem to work, so far. Thought this info might be useful to some.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had no trouble with mine when fully pushing them onto the barrel of the camera. They cleared the gimbal at all angles.

PGYTech filters - I couldn't get them to work prior to start up, they were catching the gimbal. I emailed PGY they replied, quite promptly, long story short if you give them a little turn once pushed on it seems to seat them a fraction more deeply - not even visible to the eye but enough to allow the gimbal to do its dance. If not they will replace them apparently. Happily mine now seem to work, so far. Thought this info might be useful to some.

Do they make a big difference?

Reactions: jerryflah
Mine don't clear regardless of what I do... I'm also getting the runaround from PGYTech... so I ended up just disputing the transaction on my credit card. I hate to do that, but after over a week of "try this" then "try that" then "we'll provide a refund" then "we'll provide a replacement" and nothing ever coming of it, I just decided to let Amex give it a try.

I bought mine from AliExpress.

I bought the Taco RC ones and they actually DO work.

Mine don't clear regardless of what I do... I'm also getting the runaround from PGYTech... so I ended up just disputing the transaction on my credit card. I hate to do that, but after over a week of "try this" then "try that" then "we'll provide a refund" then "we'll provide a replacement" and nothing ever coming of it, I just decided to let Amex give it a try.

I bought mine from AliExpress.

I bought the Taco RC ones and they actually DO work.
I'm with you. No matter what I tried I cannot get them to clear the gimbal on power up. I'll just stick with removing them each time. They are really good quality else.

As I do not have My Mavic yet, the Filter question is 1. FIT[before initiating MP on]. 2. Which are the most essential? 3. Are all equally applicable lighting dependent? [do I need to spend $64?]

Mine seem ok.
Firmware is the latest 1.3200
Worked fine on previous firmwares.
Maybe there are different tolerances or different batches made (mine were ordered on 27th Nov 2016).

On a side note:
With the filters installed, I noticed the yaw never hit maximum movement.

PGYTECH%20ND%20Filter%20installed.jpg

Can you guys comment on how hard it is to push on , or remove the pgy filters?

I have the tacos and I'm afraid im going to damage the gimbal pushing them on or taking off. Thx

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Mako 79 why have you left packaging on gimbal . Is there any benefit to removing the clear plastic that is on the top of gimbal . I was told on here it must be removed but don't know if that information was right . I took my time pulling the yellow tab but it came off easier than I tjought

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

As I've just ordered a set of PGYTech filters I hope there won't be a problem ;);)

Mako 79 why have you left packaging on gimbal . Is there any benefit to removing the clear plastic that is on the top of gimbal . I was told on here it must be removed but don't know if that information was right . I took my time pulling the yellow tab but it came off easier than I tjought

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Its for monetary value when reselling.
"crashed mavic for sale - everything broken but no scratch at top of camera gimbal."

Its for monetary value when reselling.
"crashed mavic for sale - everything broken but no scratch at top of camera gimbal."

Wow! And all this time I thought is was there to prevent gimbal fluid from leaking into the Mavic's radiator! o_O

DJI didn't make it on purpose, first you are not suppose to put any external device or gadget on ten drone it may affect the drone, and if you put a lens, it will take more place, that's why you can't put the gimbal on. Have fun

Eh? It's a filter not a lens plus DJI now make filters for the Mavic..?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007