DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Rain - 26 minutes in the Rain ! Mavic 2 Series

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We never planned on making the Wet Suit for any of the Mavics .

The Mavics were already so well engineered for all weather flying, we did not consider it until we got caught in the Rain and water had gotten into the Battery compartment after just 4 minutes of flying.

This was so disappointing , and alarming so in order to keep up with the Phantom 4 Pro flying in the Rain we decided to apply all the concepts that worked on the Phantom 4 Pro Wet Suit to the Mavic 2 and get it up to speed.

Besides increasing its ability to fly in extreme weather , the Mavic 2 Wet Suit has some nice added Features including making it more secure for catching the drone, and protecting the Props from sand , debris .

The Wet Suit also protect the Bottom sensors and helps maintain the overall fit and finish.
We kept the Design Value to a minimal amount and thus the Wet Suit weighs 0.4 ounces

None of the Design characteristics of the Mavic 2 were changed just enhanced.

HOVER POSITION : We test the drones in the HOVER position as this is the most critical and harsh position for the drone to take on water in the Battery as this is the one of the weakest links in the Mavic Drones.

We get asked alot why we would anyone want to fly in the rain ?

There is only 1 answer : Rain happens and it can ruin your day, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suits provide you the very best chance of getting thu it unscathed.

There is no Guarantee: its not a submarine , its just your best line of defense to fly in the cold, rain, snow , hail. add the fact the Neoprene offers a secure grip is a much needed safety feature

Phantom Rain POSTS : When you see the Phantom Rain Posts: We are about Extreme Weather Flying in the Rain if you have no interest , please just Ignore the Posts ,

This is our second Rain day of the 2019 , and we look forward to over 150 more Rain Days in Ohio to record.
Every Rain day is a Fly day for Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor

How do you stop water getting into the prop motors ?

The Prop motors are Aluminum Brushless Motors designed to Negotiate water and can be used underwater so we do no concentrate to much on that but more debris and sand, dust and dirt that can have a immediate and devastating effect on your motors. The Props on the Mavic Drones are very loose and so very Vulnerable to those incidents , the prop covers help with that.
Thank you for your interest.

links to the wet suits?

What about the forward motion sensors are they not vulnerable to rain on the front cover?

What about the forward motion sensors are they not vulnerable to rain on the front cover?
The magic cover repells pouring rain in a 2ft radius around the vehicle. :)

If your drone shorts and crashes down - any damage caused by it will be your liability. So, covers may help but take it all with a grain of salt.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
The magic cover repells pouring rain in a 2ft radius around the vehicle. :)

If your drone shorts and crashes down - any damage caused by it will be your liability. So, covers may help but take it all with a grain of salt.

Yes , all the more reason to get the Wet Suit because the Battery Is a Wide Open Koi Pond without it.

If your drone crashes down for any reason your responsible for the damages,

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Yes , all the more reason to get the Wet Suit because the Battery Is a Wide Open Koi Pond without it.
I do not argue with that. Mavics are not designed to fly in rain. And, cover helps.

Just, make it clear in the advertising that it guarantees nothing, only improves ones chances to survive the incident. Your current verbiage on the web site may get you into legal problems, i am afraid, but,, it is your choice. I would be more careful.
But, overall, it is a good product and a good idea, do not take me wrong.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
phantomrain.org is the website. mavic 2 is on top we offer 3 colors to choose from, Thank you.
Forum members get an extra battery cover and color. Enjoy
Just email me to let me know what extra color at [email protected]
Do you guys do custom designs, for instance the Unitied States Marine Corps colors or design if I provide the sample?

Do you guys do custom designs, for instance the Unitied States Marine Corps colors or design if I provide the sample?

What i might suggest is we have a client that sent this in to us and I think you might find it interesting:
He applied the Wet Suit over the Sticker decal. Thought it looked ok, maybe that is a better way to go. I could cut out a place for the Army Logo on top of the Drone might look ok also.

2019012795181654.jpg

Reactions: crlmjohnson
These are the Designs we have so far: dont think we can vary them much more as far as color goes, Thank you.
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

I have included some patterns and pictures that represent the Marines. I will leave the actual design up to up, but any thing with at least one of the camouflage patterns, and a marine logo (USMC), I am pretty sure will do. The marines corps colors is gold(yellow), scarlet red(red).

Attachments

• patttern1.PNG
    patttern1.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 56
  • patttern2.PNG
    patttern2.PNG
    56.8 KB · Views: 59
  • patttern3.PNG
    patttern3.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 56
  • patttern4.PNG
    patttern4.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 51
  • patttern10.PNG
    patttern10.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 46
  • patttern9.PNG
    patttern9.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 45
  • patttern8.PNG
    patttern8.PNG
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
  • patttern7.PNG
    patttern7.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 47
  • patttern6.PNG
    patttern6.PNG
    79.6 KB · Views: 49
  • patttern5.PNG
    patttern5.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 50
I realize some of these patterns are a little detail. I am not expecting much, just a little something in the design that represent the USMC. I only included all of these pictures just for your information. to try and give you some ideas.

Attachments

• patttern10.PNG
    patttern10.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 52
  • patttern11.PNG
    patttern11.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 53
  • patttern12.PNG
    patttern12.PNG
    57.4 KB · Views: 53
  • patttern13.PNG
    patttern13.PNG
    250.5 KB · Views: 52
DJI Mavic 2 Skin - USMC Black

I do not think this one is as good as your....or water proof.

Let me think on this, im not into the Big Symbol on top like that , as any sticker will work like that, but I will work on a clever design concept for this.

Those decals are not designed to Negotiate Water or keep it out of the battery , but they do provide a nice starting base where as you can place the Wet Suit over the top of it.
Talk soon,

I realize some of these patterns are a little detail. I am not expecting much, just a little something in the design that represent the USMC. I only included all of these pictures just for your information. to try and give you some ideas.

Im going to do it , Thank you for all the ideas, will post soon. USMC Wet Suit !
Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Echo1 and JSKCKNIT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent