DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Rain Wet suit and DJI MA2 Prop Guards

Status
Not open for further replies.

HavingFun999

Reactions
I bought the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket for my MA2 a few months ago. The Rescue Jacket allows me to land and take off the water (works IMG_4394_LI.jpgawesome!). I have not flown in the rain yet.

The problem is that my MA2 prop guards no longer attach properly because the Wet Suit neoprene is a little too thick to allow the latch to latch properly. The latch mechanism is very tight and worked very well before I put on the Wet suit.

So the obvious thing to do would be to cut out the neoprene where the latch mechanism is. However, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if so, if it affected the a ability of the Wet Suit to do its job of keeping water out of the MA2.

Attachments

• IMG_4395_LI.jpg
    IMG_4395_LI.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 18
So the obvious thing to do would be to cut out the neoprene where the latch mechanism is. However, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if so, if it affected the a ability of the Wet Suit to do its job of keeping water out of the MA2.
Unless you are flying somewhere it rains indoors, the obvious thing to do would be to keep the propguards for indoors and the neoprene suit for outdoors.

If you think that propguards are a good idea for outdoor flying, flying somewhere else would be a better idea.

Last edited:
Unless you are flying somewhere it rains indoors, the obvious thing to do would be to keep the propguards for indoors and the neoprene suit for outdoors.

If you think that propguards are a good idea for outdoor flying, flying somewhere else would be a better idea.
I see what you are saying Meta4. However, in my case:
1) The prop guards are used to train myself going through homemade wooden gates that I put in the grass outdoors. I need to protect the props.
2) The Wet Suit is not really made to be taken on and off as needed.

I'm really hoping to either hear from PhantomRain directly or from other users who have solved this problem.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I bought the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket for my MA2 a few months ago. The Rescue Jacket allows me to land and take off the water (works awesome!). I have not flown in the rain yet.

The problem is that my MA2 prop guards no longer attach properly because the Wet Suit neoprene is a little too thick to allow the latch to latch properly. The latch mechanism is very tight and worked very well before I put on the Wet suit.

Anything other than the battery covers most of the other pieces are really just cosmetic. Trimming any of the neoprene on the legs isn't going to keep water out of anything vital.

You CAN stick and unstick the pieces, as long as when you are storing them you stick them to something else to keep the dust/dirt off the adhesive. That's why they send you color options to swap out when you want. It's one of the remarkable attributes of the 3m adhesive they use.

I see what you are saying Meta4. However, in my case:
1) The prop guards are used to train myself going through homemade wooden gates that I put in the grass outdoors. I need to protect the props.
2) The Wet Suit is not really made to be taken on and off as needed.

I'm really hoping to either hear from PhantomRain directly or from other users who have solved this problem.

left you a PM . If you need new parts , just let me know and will send them out to you.
As far as effecting the Wet Suit in the Rain should have no problems as its more for the handling of the drone when carrying it than keeping out the rain.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Thanks for the input everyone.

I live in the greater Seattle area where it can rain anytime so I need to keep the wet suit on at all times to protect my drone investment. The prop guards are used much less frequently

I want to especially thank the designer of the Wet Suit for assuring me that cutting off approximately 1/2” of neoprene near the end of the arms should not affect the effectiveness of protecting the drone from the rain.

I’m ok with closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54