DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain Post: 3 weeks of Abuse: Than it all falls down.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
One of our clients sent this in to us , very cool and its really a video showing the strengths of Both DJI and the Mavic Wet Suit combined.

Story:
So the Mavic 2 gets stuck up high in the tree for 3 weeks but its geared up with an ORCA Wet Suit and ready for the challenge.

What I really love about this video is there is no talk of RICE being needed or Corrosion of circuit boards as the operator never panicked, as it was shot with over 100 paint balls, pelted with rocks and arrows.

The more we fly in the rain, the more we have come to recognize what is Panic . Rice , Corrosion, Packets, prayers our cool but having the right gear is also a big part of the equation which leads to less panic..

The Winter is coming and along with that Freezing Rain: The Wet Suits will keep your Drone about 8 degrees warmer as the battery is sealed and will prepare you for some extreme cold temps coming your way.
Before your Batteries start swelling we recommend you protect the batteries and the Power Buttons.. .

We Offer the TWILIGHT special to Forum members only: Its not offered on the website.

It includes all 4 Color Designs which can be switched out as long as you keep your base color black.
Twilight Special also comes with 3 battery covers and 3 Power button seals.

Email me at [email protected] its $99 plus shipping .

So you get all 4 : Available for the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 and Mavic Platinum

Neon is best at dusk
Trauma 1 is great during the day
Orca is awesome over the water
Eclipse is all black for white skies.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 9.34.39 PM.png

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Mavic.
Approved vendor

Last edited:
How does this prevent batteries from swelling. Most believe that excessive temps cause swelling, so using in cold weather should not create a swelling issue with or with your cover. Can you point to an instance where cold weather caused swelling?

How does this prevent batteries from swelling. Most believe that excessive temps cause swelling, so using in cold weather should not create a swelling issue with or with your cover. Can you point to an instance where cold weather caused swelling?

Some say extreme heat and Cold, others say neglect, overcharging , and we have a few more stating that it might have been a bad batch year and model.

Yet another possibility is the Battery overheating from a loose connection to the terminals which we have seen posted on the forum. The Wet Suit thank fully solves that issue by keeping the battery sealed and tight .

Regardless : I am only concerned with what I can duplicate and one of those events is moisture getting into the power button and the battery connectors. Snow, Rain, Hail. freezing Rain they are possible threats based on our research of flying in the rain. Extreme cold means wet snow, melting snow, freezing rain , Just possible threats.

You can prove this by taking your Battery and letting it run under the Faucet for just a few seconds , first thing that happens is the lights start blinking, and after just a few days swelling begins. Once the lights start blinking your battery is Toast and it happens instantly .

Keep in mind that I keep my battery charged 24 hours a day on the charger, never take it off and have flown thru some 50 days in the rain thus far and still going strong no swelling . I dont think its a super battery , just one that has been well protected .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.
Coal

dear Coal the fact that the battery is connected to the charger,does not mean it is being charged 24 hours a day, it will only take on a finite charge and then turn off when it is full the fact that you have flown it for some fifty days in the rain, is simply because your wet suit has prevented the ingress of moisture into the battery case we all know that water and electronics dont mix and i am sure your product is wonderful but flying in the rain is not something i would do myself

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
One of our clients sent this in to us , very cool and its really a video showing the strengths of Both DJI and the Mavic Wet Suit combined.

Story:
So the Mavic 2 gets stuck up high in the tree for 3 weeks but its geared up with an ORCA Wet Suit and ready for the challenge.

What I really love about this video is there is no talk of RICE being needed or Corrosion of circuit boards as the operator never panicked, as it was shot with over 100 paint balls, pelted with rocks and arrows.

The more we fly in the rain, the more we have come to recognize what is Panic . Rice , Corrosion, Packets, prayers our cool but having the right gear is also a big part of the equation which leads to less panic..

The Winter is coming and along with that Freezing Rain: The Wet Suits will keep your Drone about 8 degrees warmer as the battery is sealed and will prepare you for some extreme cold temps coming your way.
Before your Batteries start swelling we recommend you protect the batteries and the Power Buttons.. .

We Offer the TWILIGHT special to Forum members only: Its not offered on the website.

It includes all 4 Color Designs which can be switched out as long as you keep your base color black.
Twilight Special also comes with 3 battery covers and 3 Power button seals.

Email me at [email protected] its $99 plus shipping .

So you get all 4 : Available for the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 and Mavic Platinum

Neon is best at dusk
Trauma 1 is great during the day
Orca is awesome over the water
Eclipse is all black for white skies.

View attachment 84206

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Mavic.
Approved vendor
Do you have any videos or photos on how to put the covers on and take them off? How difficult and time consuming is what I'd like to know. Can you still access SD card slot? Thank you, looks like a cool product.

Do you have any videos or photos on how to put the covers on and take them off? How difficult and time consuming is what I'd like to know. Can you still access SD card slot? Thank you, looks like a cool product.

The Wet Suit is designed to stay on the Drone all year long. The Battery Cover and Power button seals also stay on the batteries. if you want to switch color : you just place it over the existing Wet Suit takes a second.

The Initial Wet Suit takes about 5 minutes to install.
We do have some videos posted of the Wet Suit install on the website.
You will find the Neoprene is easy to work with as compared to a sticker as the Neoprene is much thicker and less likely to tear .

Thanks for your interest.
phantomrain.org
Coal

Reactions: friocapital
"The Wet Suit is designed to stay on the Drone all year long."

Wouldn't want it on in the summer around here, already hot enough without that trapping heat.

"The Wet Suit is designed to stay on the Drone all year long."

Wouldn't want it on in the summer around here, already hot enough without that trapping heat.

The Wet Suit is separate from the battery seals , so not really relevant to increasing the temp of the drone.

The neoprene actually keeps the outer surface of the drone cooler .

When you use the Battery with the Cover , its creating and air tight seal which creates a little extra heat in the battery department but its minimal and has had no effect on the batteries .

What does have an immediate effect is Moisture , rain, snow, ice those are the Big Ticket Items .

Thankfully the Mavic 2 Wet Suits negotiate that really well as you can see from the videos posted on our
website > phantomrain.org
Coal

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.59.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 2.01.47 PM.png

If you fly in rain, how does your suit stop water getting in through the air intake behind the camera as you move forward?
Also, we are in summer with days of around 35c. My battery temp after a flight about 50 degrees already. Surely this keeps some heat in, making it hotter?
Cool product though.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka