DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Philippines regulation

pilotamx

Reactions
Hi,

I am looking to take and fly my drone in Philippines in January. They require a permission you should be able to get from the authority. Does anybody have dealt with them recently?

I sent an email with no answers.

Thanks
S

I am actually traveling there at the end of December. As far as I know, if you're within a 10km airport, its a strict NFZ. Ive been told everywhere else, you would just want to check with local authorities. Sometimes they let you and sometimes a little $ will work.

If anyone has some insight, please let me know as well. My trip is coming up as well and would like to know more information.

I am actually traveling there at the end of December. As far as I know, if you're within a 10km airport, its a strict NFZ. Ive been told everywhere else, you would just want to check with local authorities. Sometimes they let you and sometimes a little $ will work.

If anyone has some insight, please let me know as well. My trip is coming up as well and would like to know more information.
The regulation is posted online. Few $ might help but bear in mind that without authorisation you can get your drone seized and fined with 100,000 PHP.

S

Looks like you and I will be in PI at the same time. I'll be in Cebu, Palawan, and Coron. Anyhow, this has floated around the internet for some time. I'd print it out and keep it with your drone in case you are hassled.

The existing regulations on UAVs are applicable to large UAVs only (100kgs [rotorcraft] and
above 150kgs [airplane]) and all UAVs used for commercial operations. Thus, small and private
UAVs need not be registered with this Authority. If your UAV is a large UAV, the same must be
registered. However, guidelines regulating small and private UAV are now being crafted and will
be released by 4th quarter of this year.
The following provisions of the Philippine Civil Aviation Regulations Part 11.11 shall be
observed when operating a UAV:
11.11.1.2.1 OPERATION NEAR PEOPLE
a)Subject to paragraph (b) and (c), a person shall not operate a UAV within 30 meters of a
person who is not directly associated with the operation of the UAV.
b)Paragraph (a) does not apply in relation to a person who stands behind the UAV while it is
taking off.
c)Paragraph (a) also does not prevent the operation of a UAV airship within 30 meters of a
person if the airship approaches no closer to the person than 10 meters horizontally and 30ft
vertically.
11.11.1.3 UAV AREAS OF OPERATION
(a)No person may operate UAV beyond the following envelope unless prior approval has been
granted by the Authority:
(1)400ft Above Ground Level (AGL);
(2)10 km radius from the Aerodrome Reference Point (ARP); and
(b)The UAV shall stay clear of populated area unless prior approval has been granted by the
Authority.
(c)No person may operate a large and small UAV in a controlled airspace unless a prior
certificate of Waiver is issued by the Authority.
Such requirements are based on imminent safety and security concerns which this Authority is
mandated to protect for the interest of the greater public.
The operation of a UAV may be allowed in a private open field provided that the UAV stays
away from populated areas. In addition thereto, the controller of the UAV needs to acquire a
UAV Controller Certificate of Authorization prior to operation of any UAV unit.
Should you have further inquiries, you may call the Regulatory Standards Department, Flight
Standards Inspectorate Service, this Authority, at Tel. No.: (02) 879-9227.
Very truly yours,
SHERMAN P. DEL ROSARIO
Administrative Assistant II
Regulatory Standards Development Division
RSD - FSIS
Tel No.: (02) 879-9211

Looks like you and I will be in PI at the same time. I'll be in Cebu, Palawan, and Coron. Anyhow, this has floated around the internet for some time. I'd print it out and keep it with your drone in case you are hassled.

The existing regulations on UAVs are applicable to large UAVs only (100kgs [rotorcraft] and
above 150kgs [airplane]) and all UAVs used for commercial operations. Thus, small and private
UAVs need not be registered with this Authority. If your UAV is a large UAV, the same must be
registered. However, guidelines regulating small and private UAV are now being crafted and will
The following provisions of the Philippine Civil Aviation Regulations Part 11.11 shall be
a)Subject to paragraph (b) and (c), a person shall not operate a UAV within 30 meters of a
b)Paragraph (a) does not apply in relation to a person who stands behind the UAV while it is
taking off.
c)Paragraph (a) also does not prevent the operation of a UAV airship within 30 meters of a
person if the airship approaches no closer to the person than 10 meters horizontally and 30ft
vertically.
(a)No person may operate UAV beyond the following envelope unless prior approval has been
(b)The UAV shall stay clear of populated area unless prior approval has been granted by the
Authority.
(c)No person may operate a large and small UAV in a controlled airspace unless a prior
Such requirements are based on imminent safety and security concerns which this Authority is
The operation of a UAV may be allowed in a private open field provided that the UAV stays
away from populated areas. In addition thereto, the controller of the UAV needs to acquire a
Should you have further inquiries, you may call the Regulatory Standards Department, Flight
Very truly yours,
SHERMAN P. DEL ROSARIO
RSD - FSIS

I am literally going to those places as well. But thanks for the heads up! I will definitely print it out.

Also, is there a certain way we should bring it as carry on? Not sure how customs would react to it.

Awesome. If I see someone flying a Mavic I'll go introduce myself. As for carry on, use a small discreet carrying case and chances are, no one is going to look at it traveling through the airport. What day are you flying out? I leave LAX on the 23rd.

Awesome. If I see someone flying a Mavic I'll go introduce myself. As for carry on, use a small discreet carrying case and chances are, no one is going to look at it traveling through the airport. What day are you flying out? I leave LAX on the 23rd.
Yeah most definitely. Ill be the same if I see someone flying a drone around the area. Im actually flying out on the 28th. I have a camera bag that I could fit both my camera and drone in. Should I separate them?

taking off.
vertically.
Authority.
Very truly yours,
SHERMAN P. DEL ROSARIO
RSD - FSIS

Can you give me the right link?

Just to update this thread for those who might check in later, the Philippines no longer requires permission to bring in or fly drones in the country. The flight restrictions are the same common sense ones you have pretty much everywhere. No flying within 10 km of the airport, above crowds... etc.
I contacted the CAAP yesterday by phone, and while they have no official document stating the law has changed, they assured me it has. There is also this
If you read in the comment section, he reiterates that you no longer need to be certified to fly in the Philippines.

Just to update this thread for those who might check in later, the Philippines no longer requires permission to bring in or fly drones in the country. The flight restrictions are the same common sense ones you have pretty much everywhere. No flying within 10 km of the airport, above crowds... etc.
I contacted the CAAP yesterday by phone, and while they have no official document stating the law has changed, they assured me it has. There is also this
If you read in the comment section, he reiterates that you no longer need to be certified to fly in the Philippines.

I vouch for this. I just came back mid-January from the Philippines. Had zero issues going to and from the Philippines. I did some island hoping and had zero issues while flying to other islands as well. It does attract attention and some local police might tell you no and to pay them off. Just be weary of this.

Also some tourist spots have signs that actually say "No Drones" be on the lookout for that as well.

Hi im Peter from the netherlands but I live in the philippines for 5 years now. For the moment im back in the netherlands and did buy my DJI Drone the Mavic 2 Pro . Also I did buy the last month my new smart controle so I wil it love to be back in manila . Only how can tell me where I can fly with my drone in manila . I will be one happy man if there is someone how can tel me .
I fly back to manila on 7-2-2020.
Thank you Peter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121