DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone call

there is one way to avoid the issue altogether and thats use a none cellular ipad works for me

there is one way to avoid the issue altogether and thats use a none cellular ipad works for me
Get a cell IPad mini (w/GPS) no cell service and keep it for your drones only!
If you have a Mavic 2 pro, need a mini 5 To stream and display w/o over heating or overload the processor. DONT FIND OUT THE HARD WAY! Flying back blind, during a reboot is scary!

Reactions: Hauptmann
What happens when you get a call during flight
I have not used a phone in 3 years for flying either Mavic Air 1 or Mavic 2 Pro. I use Apple iPad 9.5 inch with DJI Go 4. I cannot think of a more disconcerting thing than to have the phone ring while I am flying especially if it is the phone I am using to fly with.

Last edited:
airplane mode...if you have Air Data you'll remember to turn it off...otherwise..you'll have peace and quiet for a while.

I use an iPhone 7 +. Before I fly I enable Do Not Disturb. 80 + flights and it seems to work.
There is no one....I repeat, NO ONE, that I will talk to while I am flying. The phone can ring its head off. I'm not gonna answer it. My phone is in the car or in my pocket and I am flying man. Then, when the drone has landed, I will check the phone and answer if I need to. No phone call is worth losing the drone usually.

Last edited:
There is no one....I repeat, NO ONE, that will talk to while I am flying. The phone can ring its head off. I'm not gonna answer it. My phone is in the car or in my pocket and I am flying man. Then, when the drone has landed, I will check the phone and answer if I need to. No phone call is worth losing the drone usually.
i'm with you Dale phone in car

There is no one....I repeat, NO ONE, that I will talk to while I am flying. The phone can ring its head off. I'm not gonna answer it. My phone is in the car or in my pocket and I am flying man. Then, when the drone has landed, I will check the phone and answer if I need to. No phone call is worth losing the drone usually.
Yes sir I agree

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent