DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone calls during flight.

PipW

Reactions
Has anyone ever received a phone call from their phone while in flight? If so, what happened to your flight? I’m paranoid to use my phone.

Reactions: Former Member
The app does not control the Mavic's flight. So nothing happens, other then you can't see the video feed or use the controls within the app. You let the call go to voicemail and switch back to the active app.

You can also place your phone in airplane mode before flight. Problem solved.

No problem. I continued talking as I still can monitor height, clearance, motor speed, and battery level from RC. In the even battery level low, then press RTH.

I use a tablet and get messages and take screenshots of how far I am out and sent them and have never had any issues when I was doing distance runs when in RTH .

Has anyone ever received a phone call from their phone while in flight? If so, what happened to your flight? I’m paranoid to use my phone.

I can understand you being paranoid using your phone because getting phone calls is a distraction. Also, the notification can take up a good portion of your screen. If you were flying outside LOS, then it could be a problem until the phone stops ringing. As @Drone Master said, airplane mode is your friend.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato