DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone connects for three seconds, then disconnects

danny_2020

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have tried to solve this problem, but unfortunately nothing so far has worked. So I have a Mavic Mini, and for about 3 weeks, I have had a problem. I use a Samsung Galaxy for my drone, but lately when I go into the DJI Fly app, when the phone is connected to the controller it will say 'Go Fly' (sounds normal), but after about three seconds of 'Go Fly' the screen will go away, and it will go back to the 'Connect Aircraft' screen. Sometimes when I click 'Connect Aircraft', it will prompt me to turn on the aircraft, and pair it with the remote controller, but I have already done that. Sometimes it will prompt me to power on the remote controller, and connect the phone to it, but, I have done that already. The remote and drone are fine, no problems there, because they are paired, and both working fine. I can fly it even when the phone isn't working. I have tried pairing it when I click 'Connect Aircraft', but it just says 'Make sure the aircraft is on and in pairing mode' which it is. When I go into the app to pair it, it will do the 'click the pair button on the aircraft to start pairing' and have the countdown below, but after 3 seconds it will say 'unable to pair'. I have checked the port on the phone. It is fine, mostly because I know it will connect with other cables, such as a charging cable. I have checked the remote outlet, and it looks fine, but if their is some fluff in their, I'm not sure how to properly get it out, and it charges fine too. I have checked the cable that connects the remote to the phone. Their are one or two light scratches, but I don't see how that could effect it. I have also deleted and redownloaded the DJI Fly app... Nothing. I have done research, and people who have had connection problems are usually solved by a different device, a new cable, a new remote, or a new Micro SD card. I could try the new cable as I expect that to not be expensive, but I want to make this clear that I don't have heaps of money, and only have 1 device, 1 remote, 1 Micro SD card, and I am not willing to spend money on something that could potentially not fix the problem. The Micro SD card works fine when I plug it into my computer, however, there have been a few times were I have plugged it in, and although I have taken photos, there are no pictures on the card... heartbreaking.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks, hope you can help

Happy flying :)

Just for reference is anything updated, all updated, or anything that you know of allowed to update out of sequence of the App. Did you go to DJI for the Fly App or use the Play Store App ? (Which is now behind on updates) DJI is where all updates are now. Probably shooting down the wrong path..but WTH :p

Do you know of anyone with a good quality cable you could try without having to buy one? The cable has both charging and data wires within it and it’s relatively common, from reports we see on the forum, for one of the data wire connections to fail due to flexing. People often buy the cheapest USB cable as they all ‘appear’ to be the same but a quality cable will have more resilience to flexing. Some don’t even have the data wires but do have the wires for charging.

As for the fluff, a straw connected to a vacuum hose on a low setting should remove it.

Just for reference is anything updated, all updated, or anything that you know of allowed to update out of sequence of the App. Did you go to DJI for the Fly App or use the Play Store App ? (Which is now behind on updates) DJI is where all updates are now. Probably shooting down the wrong path..but WTH :p
According to the DJI Fly app which I downloaded from Play Store (I'll delete the app, and download it from the DJI app) everything is up to date. I checked this when the error started, but just forget to mention it above.

Thanks for your replies, I'll keep you updated

Do you know of anyone with a good quality cable you could try without having to buy one? The cable has both charging and data wires within it and it’s relatively common, from reports we see on the forum, for one of the data wire connections to fail due to flexing. People often buy the cheapest USB cable as they all ‘appear’ to be the same but a quality cable will have more resilience to flexing. Some don’t even have the data wires but do have the wires for charging.

As for the fluff, a straw connected to a vacuum hose on a low setting should remove it.
Unfortunately I do not know of anyone with a high quality cable, but I'll have a look on eBay or Amazon or something. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Okay, update... I have downloaded the DJI Fly app from DJI, and no luck. I think I'll order a new cable, and see if that works. Thank you guys for the suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143