DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone constantly disconnecting

xjjon

Reactions
Anyone have issues with their phone constantly disconnecting from the remote?
I have a feeling it's my phones port or my phone is just too big for the remote. I have the iPhone 7 plus and it barely fits into the holder.

Anyone have issues with their phone constantly disconnecting from the remote?
I have a feeling it's my phones port or my phone is just too big for the remote. I have the iPhone 7 plus and it barely fits into the holder.
Have you tried using another cable? A lightning cable plugged into the bottom USB port? Make sure you unplug the side cable.
1568079507899.png

Reactions: Thomas B and sar104
I recently started having the same problem. Airplane mode seems to have fixed the issue .... for now.

Use Android and u will be fine. That is why DJI uses Android in Smart Controller

Actually this problem is reported more often with Android devices, where cable problems have the same effect but incompatibility with a number of Android devices causes additional problems. And DJI uses Android in the SC most likely because Apple doesn't license iOS to third parties.

I've had zero connection issues after switching to a Crystal Sky display. It also uses Android. When I was using my Pixel 2 XL, no connection issues while in airplane mode.

I never have problems with either Android device I use. They both have 256gb cards in them and I clean cache every few times I fly. Android is what is on the DJI Smart Controller, that ought to tell you something. They know what is more reliable. I know DJI was originally suppose to be used with Apple products and that is changing. I always here iPhone users dogging Android, but it is evident that DJI sure thinks like I do, because on there 800 Dollor Smart Controller, it is Android. If the research they did, showed Apple was better, I am sure they would have used ios, instead of Android on that expensive controller. I'm a computer builder, and I can tweak any computers, except Apple. I had my iPhone Jail broke once, but it was still worthless. I like my phone the way I want it, not the company that built it wants it.
Actually this problem is reported more often with Android devices, where cable problems have the same effect but incompatibility with a number of Android devices causes additional problems. And DJI uses Android in the SC most likely because Apple doesn't license iOS to third parties.

They probably would have used iOS for their own hardware if they could. Since Apple don't play that, they had to resort to Android. Many times DJI released new app features to iOS before Android, and even later to SC.

Reactions: Thomas B
I never have problems with either Android device I use. They both have 256gb cards in them and I clean cache every few times I fly. Android is what is on the DJI Smart Controller, that ought to tell you something. They know what is more reliable. I know DJI was originally suppose to be used with Apple products and that is changing. I always here iPhone users dogging Android, but it is evident that DJI sure thinks like I do, because on there 800 Dollor Smart Controller, it is Android. If the research they did, showed Apple was better, I am sure they would have used ios, instead of Android on that expensive controller.

The fact that you haven't had problems with your Android phones is statistically meaningless, as would be me stating (accurately) that I've never had any problems with my iPhones. My Android device (Huawei) has been pretty solid too, other than randomly stopping recording logs until I deleted and reinstalled the app. The observation, however, was that Android phones suffer the same cable problems as iOS phones, and some Android devices have additional compatibility problems. DJI using Android tells us nothing since, as I pointed out above, they had no choice - Apple doesn't license iOS to third parties - and you even quoted that statement in your post.
I'm a computer builder, and I can tweak any computers, except Apple. I had my iPhone Jail broke once, but it was still worthless. I like my phone the way I want it, not the company that built it wants it.

I'm sure you are, but your personal opinion on other aspects of iOS is completely irrelevant to the discussion, and since you don't like iPhone users "dogging" Android, isn't it a bit hypocritical to be doing exactly the same thing in reverse?

Have you tried using another cable? A lightning cable plugged into the bottom USB port? Make sure you unplug the side cable.
View attachment 81445

I will try that. It's probably a combination of my phones port (old and not as good connection) + the short cable and the angle that it goes into the remote that is causing it.

I don't think it is the OS or the app since the app stays on and it just says my drone disconnects (even though the remote is still connected to drone).

Hi there.

I had the exact same issue with my s10e. Turns out my cable was buggered after bending the plug by accident over a few years, and the type C plug literally just slid out if the plastic boot. Please see attached photo.

It would charge phone and then stop charging phone within seconds and after realising it might be the chord, I gave it a slight tug and it fully dislodged itself.

After investigating, the pins were crooked so it couldn't maintain a solid connection. Hope this helps anyone else struggling to find a solution. Check em chords!

Attachments

• 20210921_154820.jpg
    20210921_154820.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member