DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone disconnecting from controller

Blokksberg

Reactions
Hi mavic pilots! Today i ran into a problem i have had two times before. I was flying my mavic pro, and suddenly my phone is unable to show video feed. I can still control the drone with the controller, but this could still be very frightening. Luckily my drone was under 200 meters from me, and i managed to land it. But before i did, i decided to troubleshoot a little. I tried restarting the app, and instead of "go fly", in full blue, it said "enter device" and only the edges were blue. I entered, and still no video. I exited to the main screen of the app again, and realized it said "rc connected"instead of "connected". The phone was still charging, so it did have contact. This could end bad, if it happens when my drone is not within eyesight, and maybe RTH will be too low. Could you guys help me? Here is a screenshot. I also have a video, i can send if you ask.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190226-171915.jpg
    Screenshot_20190226-171915.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 19
The first thing I would try is to use the second usb slot at the bottom of the controller instead of the one which plugs in from the side. This might be a cable issue?

The first thing I would try is to use the second usb slot at the bottom of the controller instead of the one which plugs in from the side. This might be a cable issue?
Ok i'll try that, but the phone is still charging, and after restarting the drone and the controller, it worked again

Certainly smells of the typical android issues, I copied this from other threads;

"Need to go into your settings and turn on USB debugging and change your USB port from charging to media transfer protocol MTP. You have to go into your developer options which is available by pressing the build number of your phone 7 times in a row and then like I said go in there turn USB debugging on change charging to MTP and you'll be flying in a matter of minutes."

Also there has been mention of "game mode" on some devices. I do not own android, but those who do may be able to chime in.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Point Zero
Thanks for all the fast replies! Tomorrow i will try flying it with a friend's phone, and thus another cable. (I have a galaxy s7, he has an Iphone SE)

Thanks for all the fast replies! Tomorrow i will try flying it with a friend's phone, and thus another cable. (I have a galaxy s7, he has an Iphone SE)
Search this forum for galaxy s7, there has been a LOT of trouble with that model. But for some people they seem to work fine!
The Iphones/ipads usually work just fine if they arent too old and IOS is updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929