DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone Holder

ChrisCM

Reactions
I am using an old iPhone 6s to control my mini but I am finding the phone battery life is pretty bad, lasting only about an hour. Is this normal? (Used just as a phone I get 24hrs + out of it)
The other option I have is to use my much newer iPhone 8 Plus, however this is in an Otterbox Defender case which will not fit into the controller, can anyone suggest a suitable phone holder which I can use to enable me to use the phone in the case with the controller?
Thanks
Chris

The app draws about everything the phone has:
Screen likely at full brightness
Full GPU to render the camera feed
CPU to process all the AC data thrown at it
GPS to orient the map to your position
WiFi/cell to keep the map up to date.

Your phone's battery may not have the capacity it used to, particularly at high drain that the app demands, where at normal lower drain, loss of capacity might not be as apparent.

Going into airplane mode may help.

The app draws about everything the phone has:
Screen likely at full brightness
Full GPU to render the camera feed
CPU to process all the AC data thrown at it
GPS to orient the map to your position
WiFi/cell to keep the map up to date.

Your phone's battery may not have the capacity it used to, particularly at high drain that the app demands, where at normal lower drain, loss of capacity might not be as apparent.

Going into airplane mode may help.

Thanks, this is what I suspected. If I stick with the 6s I’ll have to remember the USB power bank!

[QUOTE = "ChrisCM, post: 924435, membro: 117103"]
Estou usando um iPhone 6s antigo para controlar meu mini, mas estou achando que a duração da bateria do telefone é muito ruim, durando apenas cerca de uma hora. Isso é normal? (Utilizado apenas como telefone, recebo mais de 24 horas)
A outra opção que tenho é usar o meu iPhone 8 Plus, muito mais recente; no entanto, este é um estojo Otterbox Defender que não se encaixa no controlador. Alguém pode sugerir um suporte de telefone adequado que eu possa usar para permitir que eu use o telefone o caso com o controlador?
obrigado
Chris
[/CITAR]

I’m from Brazil. I also use iPhone 6S for my MM, and I had this problem, but I bought a new battery and solved it. I also use and iPhone 8Red for communication but I don’t use it in MM. good luck and Best Regards.

I am using an old iPhone 6s to control my mini but I am finding the phone battery life is pretty bad, lasting only about an hour. Is this normal? (Used just as a phone I get 24hrs + out of it)
The other option I have is to use my much newer iPhone 8 Plus, however this is in an Otterbox Defender case which will not fit into the controller, can anyone suggest a suitable phone holder which I can use to enable me to use the phone in the case with the controller?
Thanks
Chris

Hi,

First: you can replace your iphone 6s battery, I have the same phone, a new battery cost me $25 and now is like new.

Second, I purchased this support for cellphone/tablet, very good on Mavic Mini:

(you can find on Amazon.com)

Reactions: CareyL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin