DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone not connecting to mini issue

dls0680

Reactions
Hello I have had the same issue with 3 different Mavic minis. I have a new iPhone XR and my phone has 0 connection issues with anything except for the Mavic mini . IMG_2996.JPG

I returned the first one I had and got this second one and I am having the same connection problem. I have tried 3 other cords including a new longer cord purchased from amazon. I was going to just return the mini today and forget about trying a third one unless anyone has any suggestions?

Hello I have had the same issue with 3 different Mavic minis. I have a new iPhone XR and my phone has 0 connection issues with anything except for the Mavic mini . View attachment 109290

I returned the first one I had and got this second one and I am having the same connection problem. I have tried 3 other cords including a new longer cord purchased from amazon. I was going to just return the mini today and forget about trying a third one unless anyone has any suggestions?

At a guess I would say the phone isnt compatible, Have you another phone that you can try?

On Android you can choose how the phone behaves on USB (eg charge only, data transfer, etc), and choosing the wrong option can mean it won't connect to the controller. Does iOS have similar options? I don't use iOS and am not too familiar with it?

The only common thing seems to be the phone (sounds like you've tried different cables and 2 different controllers) so it would seem to be an issue with the phone

I had to take my iphone XS out of its case to get the Lightning connector to seat down fully. You've probably eliminated this possibility already but I just thought I'd mention it.

Just checked and it says it is compatible. I don’t have another phone

Does the remote controller charge, if it doesn't you could have damaged the micro-A usb port by putting the micro usb plug in upside down ?
Check the port on the RC to see if the tab is bent or missing from inside it.
This would affect the linking of the RC to the Iphone XR

Does the remote controller charge, if it doesn't you could have damaged the micro-A usb port by putting the micro usb plug in upside down ?
Check the port on the RC to see if the tab is bent or missing from inside it.
This would affect the linking of the RC to the Iphone XR

I appreciate all of your replies. Everything charges as it should.

Try putting the phone in airplane mode. If it connects after doing this, the problem is with the phone's wifi or bluetooth. Also, try closing every app on the phone and then powering off the phone. Once you power on again, open only the DJI Fly app. I had a problem once where the phone kept dropping connection and a reboot of the phone fixed it for me.

Does the 'battery' symbol, as shown in your screen capture, indicate whether the phone is seeing a charging current, no matter how large or small?
How do you normally charge this device?
Have you tried connecting it to a PC or apple computer via any of the USB cables you have been experimenting with, or any other USB cable for that matter?
Did any such attempts allow data transfer to and from the phone?

I had the same issue with my LG V20.
First make sure, after connecting a USB cable from your phone to your PC, (a connection icon will show up at the top of the screen) You can then pull down a menu that gives you options. You don't want "Charging" but "File Transfer" (or something like that).
After doing that, my phone was only connecting once in a while, until I restarted it.
Now, I restart my LG before every flight, and it will connect correctly and allow me to fly.
Hope this helped

As there are at least two types of phone mentioned in this thread if you have a similar problem then you would be better served to give some details such as the phone and drone. I am not being nasty by saying that, just trying to point you in a direction to get answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep having same issue with iPhone XR will suddenly drop connection mid flight but only periodically?

At a guess I would say the phone isnt compatible, Have you another phone that you can try?
I have same problem... And mine was working perfect on this phone. And I've tried other cables... Its just stopped working for no reason... I can fly it without the phone an it works fine..
Which is totally pointless but it proves its the link with controller and phone is messed up maybe in some update?

Experiencing the same issue here with my iPhone XR. I also have an iPhone 7 and have not had this issue occur, so it must be the XR.
I've got a p30 pro and up until a week ago it just stopped connecting... Its got to be a dji update that has messed things up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121