DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone USB Cover Flap with RC

Nerwesta

Reactions
Hey guys, I got a little problem after mounting and connecting my smartphone with the RC.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and as some of you know this smartphone has a cover flap to prevent water and dust from entering on it's usb hole.

53074.jpg

The issue here is when I plug the USB cable on the RC , the cover is fully opened and "oversteps" the RC grips , going straight to my left hand which is obviously very uncomfortable.
I was wondering if there is a workaround here without dismantling the cover since I still find it useful.

mavic rc.jpg

I already asked google for that but didn't find any answers or workaround, I just found this video from Youtube, which shows a Galaxy S5 but without a cover flap, or I didn't see it at all.

I know the DJI products work best with iPhone and iPad , but I was far from thinking they wouldnt design it for other phones since the GS5 is not that uncommon.

Talking about that , even if this isnt my main problem since I already found a trick.
I'm little bit dissapointed about that lack of design for other smartphones after viewing this video from Dji :

My home button isnt really a circle like iPhones but more like a rectangle with rounded edges , so it's a little bit bigger than iPhone ones , in conclusion I have to pay attention on where I put the RC clamps here.

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
You could get a tablet holder for under $25.

I have an S5. Normally I fly with my iPad, but when I do use the S5 I just don't press my palm into the port cover. It barely sticks out as it is given that it has to extend through the Mavic controller grip.

Yeah I see thanks for your feedback. In fact I didn't fly it yet , I just tested how the RC looked like with my phone while doing updates and stuffs, at home.
I guess I have to see if it really bothers me or not in real conditions.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
With my S5 I use the bottom USB and only hold the phone by the top corners.
However I removed that stupid flap cover months ago as it's annoying when putting in on charge every day.
Nothing bad has happened, I don't take it swimming.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest