DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone works as a controller charger

Jack0202

Reactions
Hi, I have the idea if I put my phone in the controller of the Mavic Mini that it charges the controller and therefore the phone battery is drained very quickly and the controller is still fully charged.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and how can I make sure it doesn't happen?

Luckily I had my eye on the drone on the last flight I made because the phone was suddenly empty and luckily I was able to bring the drone in sight.

Hi, I have the idea if I put my phone in the controller of the Mavic Mini that it charges the controller and therefore the phone battery is drained very quickly and the controller is still fully charged.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and how can I make sure it doesn't happen?

Luckily I had my eye on the drone on the last flight I made because the phone was suddenly empty and luckily I was able to bring the drone in sight.
It is a "feature" of many Android devices that cannot be changed and there's a lot of discussion. There have been suggestions that if one roots the device, it can be changed. I know nothing about rooting. It may not happen with Apple devices.

@ff22, it's usually the controller that's charging the phone, and the controller battery draining quickly for android phones. Jack0202 seems to be getting the opposite. I've never had the phone charge the controller, nor recall hearing of anyone else having this issue.

@Jack0202 Just wondering, which cable are you using to connect between the phone and controller? Can it be plugged in round the other way?

@ff22, it's usually the controller that's charging the phone, and the controller battery draining quickly for android phones. Jack0202 seems to be getting the opposite. I've never had the phone charge the controller, nor recall hearing of anyone else having this issue.

@Jack0202 Just wondering, which cable are you using to connect between the phone and controller? Can it be plugged in round the other way?
You are right - I mis-read the post. I've not heard of anything like that happening.

Reactions: scro
it's usually the controller that's charging the phone, and the controller battery draining quickly for android phones. Jack0202 seems to be getting the opposite. I've never had the phone charge the controller, nor recall hearing of anyone else having this issue.

@Jack0202Just wondering, which cable are you using to connect between the phone and controller? Can it be plugged in round the other way?

@scro,

I use the included cable to connect the controller to the Android phone (Elephone S7)
As you mentioned, I have also had it the other way around with a Mavic Pro, but now the controller and phone were fully charged.
At one point I received a message on the phone screen that the battery was empty.
After landing the drone I took the phone out of the controller and upon checking it turned out that the phone battery was completely empty and the controller was still completely full.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada