DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Altitude

Fred Smyth

Reactions
Can Someone please tell me if the altitude record in a photo's GPS details is from the point of take off or above sea level.Thank You.

Can Someone please tell me if the altitude record in a photo's GPS details is from the point of take off or above sea level.Thank You.
i would hazard a guess that it is the height above the take off point ,as the drone does not show AGL in the app but i could be wrong

Both GPS and relative altitude are in the exif info, but you have to dig a little bit, as most software will only show you the GPS elevation relative to sea level. A tool such as EXIFtool will extract an enormous amount of additional information, including relative altitude.

There is also a GUI available separately.

The answer depends on the platform and firmware. The original scheme used by DJI was very confusing, and explained in this post:

More recently, at least on the Mavic 2, they changed the EXIF data so that the fields marked as GPS altitude do actually display GPS altitude:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S