DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo blur

Sherwood92

Reactions
Out shooting photos today, like any other outing with my Mavic Pro, and after downloading them to my desktop, saw that the first 2 photos were good, but after that the photos became somewhat blurry. I usually shoot from 300-400 ft. in altitude, this day was overcast but not foggy. And here is the interesting part: right in the middle of about 20 photos, I shot a 3 minute video - and it came out as clear as they always do. Can the camera on the Mavic Pro be re-calibrated, or can an internal test be run on it? I am at the very low end of technical knowledge, so if you respond, please give me feedback accordingly.

Attachments

• DJI_0061.JPG
    DJI_0061.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 36
What is the shutter speed on the blurry photos?

If you look towards the mountains there is definitely a low hanging line of fog. It may not have been visible to you on the ground or looking up at your drone.

However the cumulative effect over distance clearly shows there is some kind of fog, haze, or smoke in the air.

I would try again at a different place/day before worrying about your camera being bad

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Out shooting photos today, like any other outing with my Mavic Pro, and after downloading them to my desktop, saw that the first 2 photos were good, but after that the photos became somewhat blurry. I usually shoot from 300-400 ft. in altitude, this day was overcast but not foggy. And here is the interesting part: right in the middle of about 20 photos, I shot a 3 minute video - and it came out as clear as they always do. Can the camera on the Mavic Pro be re-calibrated, or can an internal test be run on it? I am at the very low end of technical knowledge, so if you respond, please give me feedback accordingly.

You have some Fog and low light and it appears to be over exposed so there may not be an issue with the Drone itself just the setup for the shot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Mavic Pro in the Rain and Float on Water.

Yep looks like low lying fog to me - wouldn't worry about your camera being at fault.
Get out on a sunny day take a few shots to put your mind at rest.
Cheers

Likely it autofocussed and failed due to the image having low contrast, leaving it completely out of focus. Best to manually trigger autofocus, check it's OK, then switch to manual so it stays there.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I agree with the others, it doesn't look like out of focus as much as haze acting as a heavy "Pro Mist" filter.

I agree with the others, it doesn't look like out of focus as much as haze acting as a heavy "Pro Mist" filter.
Mist doesn't cause blur, it reduces contrast but what you see is still sharp.

vlcsnap-2020-12-09-18h45m14s904.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851