DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo help! Image resolution/DPI question....

Sanuk828

Reactions
Hello,
A realtor that I know approached me and asked to take photos for her real estate listing (on Sotheby's). I did the shoot and now she has had issues uploading the photos to the website. First, the images were to large (10 mb max). I resized the images to get them under 10 mb and it is saying the minimum resolution requirements are not met.

The photos need to be 1800x1200, minimum 300 DPI. I am using a Mavic Pro. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

For reference, the original images were 3992 × 2992 pixels and 240x240 ppi.

First, the images were to large (10 mb max). I resized the images to get them under 10 mb and it is saying the minimum resolution requirements are not met.
10MB is much too big for single frames saved as jpg files.
They should be something in the vicinity of 2-5 MB at full resolution
The photos need to be 1800x1200
the original images were 3992 × 2992 pixels
Is there an easy way to accomplish this?
Do the photos need to be exactly 1800 x 1200 or is that just the minimum size?
Either way it would be about 5 seconds work to resize them in any decent graphics program.

According to the realtor, they must be 1800x1200, which seems small to me.

What kind of computer do you have Mac or PC? If you have a Mac it should be really simple.

Right click the photos and open them in preview.

Then go to Edit> image size> and type in the dimension you want.

Then go file export. Export as JPEG. Turn off transparency if there is that option (it might not have that option.) and save somewhere you can find it.

Like Meta4 said there’s no way a .JPG is 10 mb so you must have it in some other format.

Or If you want you can post the picture to the forum or set up a shared folder with dropbox or google drive and put the original edited file in it and message me the link directly and I can do this for you.

According to the realtor, they must be 1800x1200, which seems small to me.

That’s actually larger then most computer screens can display. I mean there shouldn’t be a problem for the screen to adjust it to be displayed but very few people have screens that could display every pixel of a 1800x1200 picture.

What kind of computer do you have Mac or PC? If you have a Mac it should be really simple.

Right click the photos and open them in preview.

Then go to Edit> image size> and type in the dimension you want.

Then go file export. Export as JPEG. Turn off transparency if there is that option (it might not have that option.) and save somewhere you can find it.

Like Meta4 said there’s no way a .JPG is 10 mb so you must have it in some other format.

Or If you want you can post the picture to the forum or set up a shared folder with dropbox or google drive and put the original edited file in it and message me the link directly and I can do this for you.

Mavic 2 pro jpg pictures are routinely 7-16 mb in size and that is just looking at the directory of one days shots. Could probably find some bigger ones if I went hunting.

Why not upload the photos to something like Dropbox, and let the realtor access them from there?

Mavic 2 pro jpg pictures are routinely 7-16 mb in size and that is just looking at the directory of one days shots. Could probably find some bigger ones if I went hunting.

An 1800x1200 has 2,160,000 pixels. JPEG is an 8 bit format so 2,160,000(8)=17,280,000 bits or 2.16mb it were totally uncompressed. JPEG has a 3:1-16:1 compression ratio. So we know something is up

An 1800x1200 has 2,160,000 pixels. JPEG is an 8 bit format so 2,160,000(8)=17,280,000 bits or 2.16mb it were totally uncompressed. JPEG has a 3:1-16:1 compression ratio. So we know something is up

Mavic 2 pro photo resolution is 5472 x 3648. The poster did not resize the photo.

Mavic 2 pro photo resolution is 5472 x 3648. The poster did not resize the photo.

I resized the images to get them under 10 mb and it is saying the minimum resolution requirements are not met.

The photos need to be 1800x1200, minimum 300 DPI. I am using a Mavic Pro.

For reference, the original images were 3992 × 2992 pixels.

I’m not disputing the size of M2P’s JPEGs but it’s outside the scope of this thread.

The absolute maximum file size for a 1200x1800 JPEG is ~4mb and that was me trying to make it as big as possible. It really should only be a mb or two.

Interestingly I just tried taking a Mavic Pro photo and reducing it to 1800x1200 300 ppi in Photoshop. When I exported it as a JPEG Mac’s finder said it was 72 dpi. Not so unusual cause it just depends on how you open it but was curious it specifies a dpi at all.

When I took a raw file from the Mavic Pro turned it into a tiff file uncompressed and then reduced the image size to 1800x1200 300ppi and exported from photoshop as a JPEG same result. But when I brought that file back into photoshop and resized the image to 300ppi (no actual resizing just a form factor thing) and exported as a JPEG NOW finder recognizes it as a 300 dpi image.

So I wonder if while technically it’s the same if how you size it leaves some metadata or something that might tell a program it’s dpi

I’m not disputing the size of M2P’s JPEGs but it’s outside the scope of this thread.

The absolute maximum file size for a 1200x1800 JPEG is ~4mb and that was me trying to make it as big as possible. It really should only be a mb or two.

Interestingly I just tried taking a Mavic Pro photo and reducing it to 1800x1200 300 ppi in Photoshop. When I exported it as a JPEG Mac’s finder said it was 72 dpi. Not so unusual cause it just depends on how you open it but was curious it specifies a dpi at all.

When I took a raw file from the Mavic Pro turned it into a tiff file uncompressed and then reduced the image size to 1800x1200 300ppi and exported from photoshop as a JPEG same result. But when I brought that file back into photoshop and resized the image to 300ppi (no actual resizing just a form factor thing) and exported as a JPEG NOW finder recognizes it as a 300 dpi image.

So I wonder if while technically it’s the same if how you size it leaves some metadata or something that might tell a program it’s dpi
Is it possible to have a picture resolution of 600 ppi for a mavic 2 zoom or a mavic enterprise advanced

Is it possible to have a picture resolution of 600 ppi for a mavic 2 zoom or a mavic enterprise advanced
Pixels per inch is a measure of pixel density, not photo resolution.
The maximum image size (resolution) for the Mavic 2 Zoom is 4000×3000.
You can set any ppi you want in Photoshop or similar, but it's not something that the camera can do.

Pixels per inch is a measure of pixel density, not photo resolution.
The maximum image size (resolution) for the Mavic 2 Zoom is 4000×3000.
You can set any ppi you want in Photoshop or similar, but it's not something that the camera can do.
To expand on that, pixels per inch represents the resolution of a printed (or displayed) image, not a digital image. It is the number of pixels per inch of the printed image. So, for example, if you print a 4000 x 3000 pixel image at 8 x 6 inches, it will be 500 PPI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser