DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

photo storage location

Gramps44

Reactions
I have the "smart controller" and the Mavic Air 2. If I put a micro card in the drone and another in the controller is there an easy/fast way to switch storage location while the drone is flying? Is there a default storage location? if there is can it be set to any location?

Last edited:
Reactions: mark.pinskey
Anything being recorded from the RC is low resolution. Only the aircraft records the high resolution images. The sd card for the RC is mainly for screen recording with all the telemetry data.

Reactions: Gramps44
I have the "smart controller" and the Mavic Air 2. If I put a micro card in the drone and another in the controller is there an easy/fast way to switch storage location while the drone is flying? Is there a default storage location? if there is can it be set to any location?
Can you tell me what specific Controller is supported by the Mavic Air 2. I have the standard controller and really never ran into anybody using a Smart Controller….All comments appreciated

Can you tell me what specific Controller is supported by the Mavic Air 2. I have the standard controller and really never ran into anybody using a Smart Controller….All comments appreciated
I know very little but I do know it was/is available with 2 different controllers. The "standard controller" and if you bought the fly more "package" you could upgrade to the smart controller. The smart controller has a built in screen - no cell phone needed. If you look at the various sellers (B&H Photo - Best Buy) you can see the smart controller offered.

Reactions: mark.pinskey
So is it safe to say the mini card in the drone is the default card for pics and video?

It's safe to say that the image location on the drone is the location you specify in the Fly app.

I know very little but I do know it was/is available with 2 different controllers. The "standard controller" and if you bought the fly more "package" you could upgrade to the smart controller. The smart controller has a built in screen - no cell phone needed. If you look at the various sellers (B&H Photo - Best Buy) you can see the smart controller offered.
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000