DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos causing compass error

hank755

Reactions
Hello,

Looking for some guidance with another newbie question.

Whenever I use the RC and take a still photo using the shutter button, I get a yellow warning (albeit for only a second) that the compass needs calibration.

I do not get the error pre-flight or during flight until i take a picture. Is that normal?

Thanks
AH

I've never heard or read of that issue. Any warnings are a concern so I would be raising a ticket and returning it for replacement.

Reactions: hank755 and Callum
Hello,

Looking for some guidance with another newbie question.

Whenever I use the RC and take a still photo using the shutter button, I get a yellow warning (albeit for only a second) that the compass needs calibration.

I do not get the error pre-flight or during flight until i take a picture. Is that normal?

Thanks
AH
Could be a software bug but first I've heard of that one. What firmware version are you on?

You could try refreshing firmware with DJI assistant 2.

Might be worth raising a ticket with DJI as Simmo suggested.

Reactions: hank755
I will! It is finally warm today (60) but we are getting about an inch of rain. I won't get to test the refresh until tomorrow.

Have you calibrated your compass before the flight and what are your compass reading in the GO4 app after startup, and hovering.

What's with running straight for a return? Recalibrate your compass. I have a feeling that this might help ~since, well - it's what the error message is asking for... :confused:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada