DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos to Arcview

Are you actually using "ArcView" or a version of "ArcGIS/ArcMap"? Geo-referencing can be done within ArcGis itself. You do not need additional software. It's been a while, though, since I've used either ArcView or ArcMap - if your version does not support geo-referencing take a look at QGis. It does everything I needed ArcMap to do and is free. QGis geo-referencing is fairly simple and works great.

Are you actually using "ArcView" or a version of "ArcGIS/ArcMap"? Geo-referencing can be done within ArcGis itself. You do not need additional software. It's been a while, though, since I've used either ArcView or ArcMap - if your version does not support geo-referencing take a look at QGis. It does everything I needed ArcMap to do and is free. QGis geo-referencing is fairly simple and works great.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond! I’m using ArcMap and very interested in obtaining and working with current imagery instead of Google Earth, etc. Received Mavic Pro as a gift but would like to make sure I can take a photo of 40 to 100 acres plus and then put into ArcMap. I have geo-referenced imagery in Google Earth but really would like to have current imagery. Thanks again for responding!

Georeferencing toolbar tools—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You can certainly do what you want with ArcMap using the geo-referencing toolbar but there is a bit of a learning curve. I often use a simple program called MapC2MapC which does a nice job also. It is inexpensive, and has a bunch of nice features, such as creating lower resolution 'tiled' maps for navigation software on mobile devices or Garmin GPS units. Link is below.

cando

Reactions: formav
Georeferencing toolbar tools—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You can certainly do what you want with ArcMap using the geo-referencing toolbar but there is a bit of a learning curve. I often use a simple program called MapC2MapC which does a nice job also. It is inexpensive, and has a bunch of nice features, such as creating lower resolution 'tiled' maps for navigation software on mobile devices or Garmin GPS units. Link is below.

cando
THANK YOU, I’ll definitely take a look and give it a try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+