DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos to iPad Pro help

MDKEY

Reactions
Hey guys and gals
Recently bought a 10.5” iPad Pro and have started using it as a monitor for my mavic (although I haven’t decided on a mount yet)
Was looking for advice/tips on the best way to copy original photos and videos off the bird and onto the iPad for editing purposes.
I can’t copy 4K vid or RAW photos without connecting the SD card
Feel free to recommend a mount too!
Many thanks in advance

Reactions: GooterFly68
I have the tiny Lexar micro Syd card reader with Lightning connector, works really well with my iPad Pro

Does it mean that if I removed the SD from the MP and use such reader to transfers pics and videos I will have a better quality ? Thks

You'll have the original quality. The cache vids in the app are very compressed poor quality vids.

Yep that’s why I wanna copy them, no point doing edits on the low res stuff if there’s higher quality on the Sd card, just wanted the easiest and most reliable way to do that

Yep that’s why I wanna copy them, no point doing edits on the low res stuff if there’s higher quality on the Sd card, just wanted the easiest and most reliable way to do that

This is the most reliable way. When i bought my mavic i tried to copy all vids to my camera roll through the app but it just didn't work.
I just hope that the after market card reader will work wit your ipad. My stopped working with ios10 update and then i was forced to buy genuine apple one for 29£ but this is what apple does

You'll have the original quality. The cache vids in the app are very compressed poor quality vids.

Okay.... many thanks for this great info !!! Will purchase a reader tomorrow and check this !

Thanks again [emoji6]

Quick update, got the I-flash device and it works! With iOS 11 too
The app you have to use with it is pretty crap but atleast it does the job
cd92e9b68984348ac77234b3f4dc4997.jpg

When your phone is fitted into the RC you have no choice on tilt unless you tilt the whole unit, it will be the same with an ipad fitted, therefore there is no difference. But take a look at the back of this unit in the link so you can see how it works.

Hey guys and gals
Recently bought a 10.5” iPad Pro and have started using it as a monitor for my mavic (although I haven’t decided on a mount yet)
Was looking for advice/tips on the best way to copy original photos and videos off the bird and onto the iPad for editing purposes.
I can’t copy 4K vid or RAW photos without connecting the SD card
Feel free to recommend a mount too!
Many thanks in advance

MavMounts, IMO are the best that I’ve seen so far...Just got mine yesterday for my 10.5 iPad Pro.

45e55e3097f8fa4cd1d21aeed006fda5.jpg

Reactions: Boxer4K
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos