DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picture quality

moparherb

Reactions
I need to have someone explain something to me. I have a Mini 2 and I use an iPad Mini 5 as my viewer. I mostly take pictures (jpeg) with my drone. Hardly ever a Video. Which is the higher resolution picture..the sd card in the drone or the picture on my iPad. Thanks for any help. Is this true with video also?

You always want to go with the SD card for both the picture and the video for the highest quality resolution

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

I need to have someone explain something to me. I have a Mini 2 and I use an iPad Mini 5 as my viewer. I mostly take pictures (jpeg) with my drone. Hardly ever a Video. Which is the higher resolution picture..the sd card in the drone or the picture on my iPad. Thanks for any help. Is this true with video also?
The Mini2 have a 4K camera. The width of the sensor is (4K) 4000.000 pixels stored on the SD card. You can transfer those high resolution pics to your "device" using Quick Transfer.

Here we go!

Last edited:
Reactions: DougMcC
Ideally you should also record in raw as well. Use these as your master copies. You can do so much more with raw files by way of editing in the future. Raw takes up a lot more space so if you only had a small amount of memory left on your sd card take them in jpeg only. Better to get the phots than lose them due to lack of space.

Reactions: Grazuncle
I always use RAW (dng) + Jpeg. Hardly ever use jpeg for post processing. But once the photo is shot and you want to transfer to Instagram, etc you go jpeg. Also good for protecting your photos from a few trawlers who try claim them for their portfolios.

Although I have a YouTube channel, I hardly ever go there as photography has become my passion with the drone. You are welcome to view my Instagram portfolio to see how the Mini 2 with LR have helped me - @dronetojoy. Always welcome to connect and help on advice as I have had so many helping out along the way.

I always use RAW (dng) + Jpeg. Hardly ever use jpeg for post processing. But once the photo is shot and you want to transfer to Instagram, etc you go jpeg. Also good for protecting your photos from a few trawlers who try claim them for their portfolios.

Although I have a YouTube channel, I hardly ever go there as photography has become my passion with the drone. You are welcome to view my Instagram portfolio to see how the Mini 2 with LR have helped me - @dronetojoy. Always welcome to connect and help on advice as I have had so many helping out along the way.
Looks like a great place for drone photography! Lot's of wonderful colors. Feel free to drop by @bodkinsbestphotography if you'd like to see wildlife, astrophotography and drone photography from the rain forests of Canada.

The SD card will have all of the data on it, especially if you shoot in RAW. The video screen iw not nearly the resolution of the RAW image.

The SD card will have all of the data on it, especially if you shoot in RAW. The video screen iw not nearly the resolution of the RAW image.
NOTE: The SD card itself doesn't have any data. Each pic jpg and RAW has complete META data or EXIF as its namned too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000