DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Check-in! Soon to be in Taos, NM. Any suggestions?

wilpierce

Reactions
Howdy all, first post to the forum! I am an avid flier trying to get recommendations for areas of interest in and around Taos, NM. I will be there over the holiday weekend with no itinerary or plans, just me and the Mavic 3.

I'm based out of the DFW area and will be driving so I'm looking for interesting areas in between and not afraid to jump off the beaten path, too.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

There are a lot of great areas to see. Just check local laws as you go

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America wilpierce.

...and not afraid to jump off the beaten path, too.

That's why I usually take my MA2 with me daily to and from work.

Never know what ya' might see on a detour. :)

If you havent done it yet, the Mavic 3 should be registered with the FAA and you should take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly.

You may have done this already, just a bump.

Safe travels to you and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I am an avid flier trying to get recommendations for areas of interest in and around Taos, NM. I will be there over the holiday weekend with no itinerary or plans, just me and the Mavic 3.

I'm based out of the DFW area and will be driving so I'm looking for interesting areas in between and not afraid to jump off the beaten path, too.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

The following link from Pilot Institute is a Great source of the Laws and interesting places to fly all over the country, you just might find some new interesting locations back in Texas…

Have a Safe Trip and Happy Droning…

Thanks for the reminders, I have my drone registered (although that reminded me to check up on the registration and print out a hardcopy of it)! I took my P107 in June of 2021, but only recently have gotten into creating my own content with it. I was lucky and had a construction firm pay for the course and test as well as getting me close to 250 hours in the air!

You have lots of country to fly in when in NM in toas Its a beautiful little town ,with a river, ski slope and just west the carson national forest,don,t worry about where you fly so much just be safe,nobody will bother you ,

I will be there over the holiday weekend with no itinerary or plans, just me and the Mavic 3.

Just a follow up to my previous message, you have received a lot of good suggestions and I am sure you will see so many more opportunities to photograph or video the scenery, so you will probably need some way to save all those photos and videos. Buy extra MicroSD Cards, or have a device (Laptop, tablet, or other such item...) to save all those great images... but having to save those images takes time away from shooting more... I suggest buy extra MicroSD Cards...

Also, have some way to keep your batteries charged up while you are driving, not just the drone batteries but the controller battery too...

Howdy all, first post to the forum! I am an avid flier trying to get recommendations for areas of interest in and around Taos, NM. I will be there over the holiday weekend with no itinerary or plans, just me and the Mavic 3.

On your way up to Taos you will pass near the Ruidoso/Alamogordo area. White Sands Desert, Malpais lava flows, Mescalero Apache Reservation, a couple National Forests, Sierra Blanca mtn range, and much more. Take care not to fly in a National Park or (gulp) the missile range. You’ll need maps.

The ride from Ruidoso to Taos is quite something. Keep your lamps trimmed and burning (batts charged). You will see more possibilities than you can possibly fly. Have a pleasant journey.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom