DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Check in

Jumpstone

Reactions
Hi from Traverse City Michigan! I'm a brand new pilot. I have been checking out drones for a couple of years and just got a Mavic Air 2. I have benefited from reading the posts and have flown a couple of times in the cold here in northern Michigan, and so far no issues. I have only been going for 10 minute flights and staying close to home and not flying too high as I learn the ropes. I find that I tend to look at the drone more than at the screen and suspect that I need to break that habit before it becomes ingrained---what is the advice of experience?

Also, I have seen that I should download the DJI Assistant 2 but I only see the DJI Assistant in the app store. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Keep in mind when your flying your drone you watching for aircraft , birds , trees , power lines and that you will see those best with your eyes in the sky.

When you do go to Record and event that is when you are likely to look at the screen to check your self , When you go record you want to look at the screen to the shots in check and you want to always be checking your data ,sats ect so if never just 1 focus , but the Sky takes the priority for safety.

Download the Assistant 2 form the DJI page and not the App Store.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Freezing Cold and Rain.

Thanks. I just found and attempted to download the dji assistant 2 and my Mac doesn't want to and says that it is not secure. Has anyone else had this issue? I am guessing that lots of people have downloaded it--any problems on a Mac?
Click to DL a second time after cancelling the first popup. The second time will give you the option to “DL anyway”

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi from Traverse City Michigan! I'm a brand new pilot. I have been checking out drones for a couple of years and just got a Mavic Air 2. I have benefited from reading the posts and have flown a couple of times in the cold here in northern Michigan, and so far no issues. I have only been going for 10 minute flights and staying close to home and not flying too high as I learn the ropes. I find that I tend to look at the drone more than at the screen and suspect that I need to break that habit before it becomes ingrained---what is the advice of experience?

Also, I have seen that I should download the DJI Assistant 2 but I only see the DJI Assistant in the app store. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help and advice!

Welcome! Learning to fly without the screen is a very valuable skill I have found, particularly getting use to side to side movements depending on the drones orientation in relation to you. Flying with the screen is very easy in comparison.

Welcome to the forum! :)

what is the advice of experience?
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji