DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pix4d mapping app..

Reactions
I have an upcoming general 12 acre area they wanted covered. And was seeing what I would use in combo with mavic, tried precision flight but kept saying add controller, I use otg, maybe it needed wifi? Pix4d with CTRL+DJI add was easy enough to see grid patterns and if I wanted the 3d done.. So set it about 160ft to be safe and held 3 seconds and bam. it took off followed flight path perfectly could select map or camera and see shot for shot.. got worried about full automation, so hit abort, went back to DJI app, which said I was disconnected … yikes, so only the CTRL+DJI app had control, hit home... it shot up waaay up then finally after scaring me landed almost exact where it took off.. I liked the app but how the heck do I get control for instance if near obstacle or something? what am I missing? I think because I use otg I may of saw a pop up that connects that app to my inserting otg cable not sure. Is there a way to get back to manual? or just have to let it finish?

Or another free-ish app that works best with mavics? Thanks for listening.. it is an awkard feeling not like losing connection cause you know its coming back but with out dji app able to connect was pretty scary. lmao.

Is there a way to get back to manual? or just have to let it finish?
If it's programmed like Dronedeploy, it would have flown the grid and returned to home and landed.
Any time you want to cancel an automated flight, the fastest way is to switch the Flight Mode Switch out of P-GPS and back.
Then you have full control and can do whatever you like.

Sport mode stops everything. After that just fly it with the sticks or hit the RTH button. There's also an "abort" button in the Pix4d app. The height increase you experienced is probably because your RTH height was set much higher than the mission height. I've flown many dozens of missions with a P4P and they all worked out fine. It's not a good idea to be switching apps in the middle of a flight. Plan ahead, have a checklist, and know what your emergency/abort procedures are going to be BEFORE you start any flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803