DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PKK’s bomb-laden Mavic drone seized in Turkey’s east

Kind of hard to tell whats going on in that pic. I see a battery and some wires but what are those white things sticking out of the front?

Kind of hard to tell whats going on in that pic. I see a battery and some wires but what are those white things sticking out of the front?
Maybe det-cord or semtex sticks?

Never seen det-cord like that and we use it to set off beaver bombs here .Maybe some kind of shrapnel ,hard to tell but from reading other articles found this with another picture of it .
A separate motor to pull the pin out of the grenade was discovered on the device that was disarmed by the Turkish forces.
resized_3eed0-8ecb1b3cdronepkk.jpg

Reactions: Bunny Too
Never seen det-cord like that and we use it to set off beaver bombs here .Maybe some kind of shrapnel ,hard to tell but from reading other articles found this with another picture of it .

View attachment 24731
Could it just be fletching? In the above photo it looks kinda like a shuttlecock.

The drone, which had the capacity to carry a mortar shell and hand bomb, could be remote controlled from 300 meters away.

Really? Only 300 meters? Where are they getting their information from? Or are they only using them in WiFi mode?

For sure all bottom sensors was disabled otherwise it'll just go up up and away I think.

Maybe just go up till battery got low and RTH :)

Reactions: born2drone
Looks to me like a small free fall bomb, the motor thing just releases it from the drone -allowing the drone to be reused -, the shuttlecock thing cobbled on the back acts like fins and it impacting the ground or whatever it hits detonates it

Looks like feathers from a badminton shuttlecock. Think lightweight guidance fins.

I think you're right. There's a similar video on YouTube showing a mortar shell outfitted with badminton shuttlecock to stabilize the bomb when dropped. I didn't think the Mavic could carry so much weight.

that is one interesting call to dji refresh

the sad part is some..... silly so and so will start up with the whole "this is proof why we need to ban/regulate drones as they can be used for this"

you know unlike.. bikes, motorbikes, motorvehicles, goats, horses, camels... so on. lol

With these and these i am waiting upcoming firmwares to limited the distance to 3 meters away and play with our toys inside the living room. :p

They've cobbled together a release mechanism by wiring it into the front LEDs (green wires along front arm). That way, they can remote release the payload.

Well two takeaways from this one. It was pretty ingenious to try and set up a way to drop the payload rather than just a fly in suicide mission. BUT it was pretty dumb to use a DJI product as they can use and AeroScope now and follow the thing right back to the operator.

Reactions: crw92662
The green wires are simply wires connected to a light transistor which responds to the flashing lights on the arm.
There is a gyro mechanism under the mav to release the payload (ammunition) in that case. . The payload has fins to help it stabalise during flight.
You press c1 or c2 to activate the red lights on the arm, then the photo transitory attached to the arm by the green wires, releases the payload( ammunition) underneath.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas