DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Planning WP flights on Litchi and running on GO4

amstar

Reactions

So having done this a few times, I planned a longer mission on Litchi 12kms out and back. It was an early morning flight, lots of fog and dew in the mountains.
About 8.5kms into the flight, the RC got disconnected. Before this due to continuous warnings of poor connection, I tried to stop the mission but could not (you can see a message in the video saying the same).
After the RC got disconnected, the usual setting in Litchi is that it continues the mission and it carries over to DJI.
But if the remaining distance is quite large, litchi will abort the mission and the ac returns home before the battery runs out. DJI however did no such thing. The ac went ahead with the entire 4 km out and back until finally I regained telemetry and brought it back just barely.
Now, the smart RTH was off in my DJI. Settings and none of the other RTH settings click in because in WP missions RTH triggers are typically overruled.
So after a nail biting turning to finger biting some minutes I had to land a km short in a landing area I use sometimes mainly to protect the battery pack (I could have flown back all the way but would have ended dangerously close to ruining the pack forever)
A few lessons learnt there, phew.

You can't ruin a battery pack like that :) come on even the drone will fall out from the sky and the battery will still be good. Li-Po guards are kicking in way before you can overdischarge or overcharge it don't worry.

Next time make sure to use it wisely tho :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada