DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Battery Combo Deals

ScottysHog

Reactions
Is there any "Platnium" multiple battery / charger combo deals out there yet ?

Just got my Black Friday MPP this Thursday and now now I should have got more batteries.

Flying here in Canada/ Northern Saskatchewan and have been dealing with temps from 0-5 degrees C. So I'm usually 16-20min flight times.

TIA

I’m I’m having a hard time finding MPP batteries in stock anywhere period.

Reactions: Advexure

Thanks...It seems to be hit and miss with with stock. I have found a bunch of non-platinum batteries on sale here and there, so personally I may just go that route. I really don’t care if the battery matches, chances are I’m going to end up getting some sort of skin for the MPP and battery anyway...I don’t need to pay a premium for a battery because of its color.

Thanks...It seems to be hit and miss with with stock. I have found a bunch of non-platinum batteries on sale here and there, so personally I may just go that route. I really don’t care if the battery matches, chances are I’m going to end up getting some sort of skin for the MPP and battery anyway...I don’t need to pay a premium for a battery because of its color.
Here's a point to ponder - I tried one of the MPP batteries with my Mavic Pro and it ** would not seat properly just pushing down **
I had to hold the buttons in and try several times before it clicked. Now maybe it was that one battery but the tolerances seem to be different and the plastic a bit more flimsy. My MP batteries seem firm on top - the MPP batteries have a bit of flex to them. I also had one front leg that started to flex more opening a gap.
It may be that some of the extra flight time was achieved by shaving some plastic mass in spots.
I'll weigh them both tonight with batteries...

Here's a point to ponder - I tried one of the MPP batteries with my Mavic Pro and it ** would not seat properly just pushing down **
I had to hold the buttons in and try several times before it clicked. Now maybe it was that one battery but the tolerances seem to be different and the plastic a bit more flimsy. My MP batteries seem firm on top - the MPP batteries have a bit of flex to them. I also had one front leg that started to flex more opening a gap.
It may be that some of the extra flight time was achieved by shaving some plastic mass in spots.
I'll weigh them both tonight with batteries...

Interesting... have you had the opportunity to try the MP battery with the MPP?

I don't recall - but I will check when my new MPP gets in tonight.

Reactions: Neebles
I don't recall - but I will check when my new MPP gets in tonight.

Awesome, let me know...If The regular ones work with the MPP like they are supposed to, I have no problem going that route...I’m finding they are often cheaper, and easier to find than the MPP batteries.

Awesome, let me know...If The regular ones work with the MPP like they are supposed to, I have no problem going that route...I’m finding they are often cheaper, and easier to find than the MPP batteries.

All three of my MP batteries (that I've had for a year) fit fine on my MPP. I've never tried using the MPP battery on my older MP though.

All three of my MP batteries (that I've had for a year) fit fine on my MPP. I've never tried using the MPP battery on my older MP though.

I assume they run fine as well? I don’t care about the MPP batteries fitting into anything, I’m just looking for alternatives to the MPP batteries for use with the MPP.

I have the original MPP battery and bought three MP batteries with it as that was all that was available. They all work fine for me in the MPP.

Reactions: Neebles
So where are the skookum deals on OG MP batteries ? Possibly with charging dock.

So where are the skookum deals on OG MP batteries ? Possibly with charging dock.
HA ha they all disappeared while I was waiting for clarification! Lol. I was seeing them on Amazon regularly for less than 80. Ebay has had some good deals for second hand batteries. Saw one chap selling 3 for under 150 total.

Ok - so all three MPP batteries have issues inserting into BOTH the MP and MPP.
All of the MP batteries fit fine in the MP and MPP. Something has changed.
Now I'd like to clarify by saying they ALL MPP batteries will fit with some finagling - some require holding just so to get them to snap in.
2 of the 3 will not respond to simply pushing down on the battery - I have to squeeze the buttons and wiggle several times to get it to settle in.
Hard to describe but they don't have a reassuring *snap* like the old batteries do.

Now I'd like to clarify by saying they ALL MPP batteries will fit with some finagling - some require holding just so to get them to snap in.
2 of the 3 will not respond to simply pushing down on the battery - I have to squeeze the buttons and wiggle several times to get it to settle in.
Hard to describe but they don't have a reassuring *snap* like the old batteries do.

Yikes. That’s no good. I guess I will stick with the MP batteries for now.

Oh, by the way, are you an Oddworld fan by chance?

Yikes. That’s no good. I guess I will stick with the MP batteries for now.

Oh, by the way, are you an Oddworld fan by chance?
lol - ya think? I really liked Stranger - such an odd fun game. That's one they keep promising to bring up to current consoles. I really wish they would - it's one of the reasons I keep my old original modded XBox around.
As far as the batteries I'm not sure what the deal is without extensive measuring.
I confess I'm somewhat nervous about seating properly now...
To further explain even with the two that have struggles in both aircraft - it's more difficult to get a seat with the older MP.
I guess that implies the dimensions or tolerances are bit larger in the MPP.

I love the Oddworld series. I must admit though, I’m not quite as big of a fan of Strangers Wrath. I actually have Abe’s Oddysee and Strangers Wrath for the PS Vita as my original Xbox went bye bye year so ago.

That’s kind of discouraging about the tolerances. You would think that DJI putting out a new drone, and charging a premium for it over a regular MP would make sure the quality was there.

Just out of curiosity did you get the batteries that are having trouble fitting from DJI. If not do you think its possible you got some knockoffs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO