DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum props, mavic pro, motor overheat?

ToasterDrones

Reactions
I was reading a thread about the new low noise platinum props, and someone said that they might overheat the smaller mavic pro motors, vs the larger motors on the platinum. Is this the case?

I was reading a thread about the new low noise platinum props, and someone said that they might overheat the smaller mavic pro motors, vs the larger motors on the platinum. Is this the case?
As far as i know Platinum don't have bigger motors than Pro . Platinum has new FOC ESC drivers. From my experience i don't have notice any heat excess to my Pro with new props, although i use them only several days now.

I quit using them on mine, got a few messages (overspeed) so don’t want to take any chances

I had a minor snafu with a box top takeoff, lesson learned I will never do that again. Luckily only the rear blades scuffed ground momentarily with no damage to speak of than rough edges on my blades. After ordering a new set of the low noise props I found the article about overheating, I was inspired to break out the fine grit sandpaper. This has restored my scuffed blades to better than new condition (I bought my mavic used). It seems like lightly sanding the rough spots off your blades leading edges makes a noticeably smoother airfoil.

Another concern I had that my replacement blades that came with my used mavic are much snugger on the rotor hubs then the ones that came on it. The original blades click audibly into place while the new ones I have to squeeze on and the click does not occur. I'm concerned that the rotor blade hubs are too skinny and it's not springing up to form a proper seat in the housing? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
May we have a link to the thread?

I have read about this issue but it turns out that no, the low-noise propellers will not overheat the MP motors. The motor size is exactly the same and DJI even recommends these propellers for the Mavic Pro.

The low-noise props do have a higher pitch angle, which at first made me think that it might add more torque to the motors and overheat them. However, this is not the case because MP and MPP has the exact same motors.

From New Mavic Low Noise Props - TESTED - Longer and quieter ?

“Hey Rob, I was last week at DJI‘s customers experience store in New York and I asked them if they had the new props because I wanted them.
The seller asked if I had the platinum because the new props aren’t designed for the 1st Mavic and if I want to use them for the old one I’m gonna destroy the motors.
He said that the motors for the platinum are bigger(22) than the motors(16) from the 1st Mavic.”

“What do you think about that?
I know the new props made my MP motors really HOT”

From New Mavic Low Noise Props - TESTED - Longer and quieter ?

“Hey Rob, I was last week at DJI‘s customers experience store in New York and I asked them if they had the new props because I wanted them.
The seller asked if I had the platinum because the new props aren’t designed for the 1st Mavic and if I want to use them for the old one I’m gonna destroy the motors.
He said that the motors for the platinum are bigger(22) than the motors(16) from the 1st Mavic.”

“What do you think about that?
I know the new props made my MP motors really HOT”

Sorry to say, but this guy is spreading false information. The motors have the exact same size, you can contact DJI SUPPORT if you're not sure. DJI aren't idiots, they wouldn't recommend these propellers for the MP if it could cause damage to the aircraft.

Reactions: Vasco