DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum props on Mavic Pro?

felipeassadi

Reactions
Do you recommend low-noise Platinum props on the Mavic Pro? I’ve heard that some overheating on the rotors may occur.

Where did you read about overheating.
They will spin a little slower, they will be a little quieter, unfortunately you might see troubling vibrations from time to time, for reasons which are not clear.
In short, interesting to try but most go back to the originals after a few flights.

I am flying with the low noise props on my original Mavic, there is a definite reduction in noise. Had no problems except a couple of gimbal vibration errors on takeoff which went away after about 30sec, but I am not sure whether this is connected to the props or not since most of the time I don't get the error.

Ive flown for quite some time with the 8331 low-noise prop on my original Mavic Pro. No issues, never heard of any issues before this thread. I can really recommend these.

Ditto [emoji16]. They are flimsy in comparison because of the thinner construction and aero tips, but slightly quieter.
There’s a YouTube video that has a MP vs MPP comparison, and they swap out props for ESC and noise comparisons.
Interesting results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garuda
The noise to me is of no matter and really find the only difference to My ears is it's just a little lower in pitch than the stock props and where fly around all the tree's and water
hearing it helps me locating it when I look up from my screen which to me is more important than the lower noise . I do have them as I believe almost everyone here got
them just to try them out . I even run them sometimes if in town as they do appear rather cool looking with those tip's . Will I buy anymore ,no . JMO

Ditto [emoji16]. They are flimsy in comparison because of the thinner construction and aero tips, but slightly quieter.
There’s a YouTube video that has a MP vs MPP comparison, and they swap out props for ESC and noise comparisons.
Interesting results.
Even did one video myself testing these out. Not much said in the video itself but recommendation in the description...

Reactions: 99turbo
I was using them for a while. Personally I find no difference with them compared to stock ones. I use carbon fiber now.
What do you think of the carbon fiber ones? Been thinking to buy these.

Interesting results.

Yes, and because they are flimsy, sometimes appear in my footages (upper corners), overall over high wind conditions. By the same reason, they are weak and break easily.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that some overheating on the rotors may occur.
The only negative thing I see people saying is they are easier to damage (since the edges are thinner). I agree. All should be fine though if you keep them in a safe place when not in use.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Personally, id like to try a set of non-folding type props just to see the results. OTOH, I want the Folding CF props for my Inspire. Anything to make that tank a little easier to transport would be great[emoji30]

I never thought the Mavic needed low noise props, it is so quite already.
Carbon props look very nice but are dangerous when you hit something or someone. Having my finger almost cutoff completely by a carbon prop of a gas engine powered model plane was more than enough for me.

I never thought the Mavic needed low noise props, it is so quite already.
Carbon props look very nice but are dangerous when you hit something or someone. Having my finger almost cutoff completely by a carbon prop of a gas engine powered model plane was more than enough for me.
They can’t be dangerous. But you’re not supposed to stick your fingers in there. Lol.

Reactions: frank candor
Do you recommend low-noise Platinum props on the Mavic Pro? I’ve heard that some overheating on the rotors may occur.
over heating may have been when the props first came out and people where not updating the MP FW. A FW update about that time make the motors run a little slower due to the more aggressive prop profile. With the motors running slower, the noise level was reduced. If they did not update FW, and the motors ran their normal speed, they had to work harder due to the prop profile, which could have caused the motors to over heat. My thoughts.

Reactions: dekip
A FW update about that time make the motors run a little slower due to the more aggressive prop profile.
This isn't right, the Mavic automatically varies its prop speed to hold its altitude, it is not dependent on the firmware version. Otherwise if new props required "slower" firmware it would have flown up in the air uncontrollably when the newer props were fitted.
The only overheating I have heard of is caused by people adding extra payload to the Mavic causing the props to have to work harder to maintain altitude.

Never had any motor overheating issues with the low noise props. Not seen any extra vibration either. I'm currently running the low noise props, and I see no reason to go back (until they need replacing, and then I'll use my massive pile of old versions!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98