DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playing around with the Action at high speed on the Motorbike

Ian in London

Reactions
Last week I tried the Pocket on the GSR 600 and wasn't too impressed with the results. It's clear the delicate gimbal can't cope with high wind. But this week I tried the Osmo Action and what a difference. The annoyingly-named RockSteady stabilization really does the job IMHO. And the sound and focus seemed spot on too.

Go for a spin.....
Cheers, Ian in London

Last week I tried the Pocket on the GSR 600 and wasn't too impressed with the results. It's clear the delicate gimbal can't cope with high wind. But this week I tried the Osmo Action and what a difference. The annoyingly-named RockSteady stabilization really does the job IMHO. And the sound and focus seemed spot on too.

Go for a spin.....
Cheers, Ian in London

I think the video shows that the Action's stabilization is, well, "rock steady!" Impressive.

I took it hiking the other day and been tweaking the video to speed it up. I was hand-holding the Action at arm's length while negotiating the rocky trail.

PS - used your tutorial on settings to smooth drone camera/gimbal action for my Zoom - thanks

I think the video shows that the Action's stabilization is, well, "rock steady!" Impressive.

I took it hiking the other day and been tweaking the video to speed it up. I was hand-holding the Action at arm's length while negotiating the rocky trail.

PS - used your tutorial on settings to smooth drone camera/gimbal action for my Zoom - thanks
The stabilzation is way better than I expected. And you sound like a little creature scurrying along with your speeded up video :) But it shows how good it is at keeping things smooth.

Cheers
Ian

Reactions: ff22
Nice one Ian, im just glad you tubers have finally stopped doing Osmo Pocket v Gopro 7 comparisons. The Pockets a a fantastic little camera and still amazes me everytime I use it, but an action camera it aint, nor was it ever meant to be.

Nice one Ian, im just glad you tubers have finally stopped doing Osmo Pocket v Gopro 7 comparisons. The Pockets a a fantastic little camera and still amazes me everytime I use it, but an action camera it aint, nor was it ever meant to be.
Yep; the Osmo Pocket cannot be compared to the GoPro7 or even the Osmo Action. They're completely different tools for different jobs.

Ian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121