DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please Clarify - New Firmware - v01.03.0800

The_IanN

Reactions
With the new firmware - v01.03.0800

Can I fly without limitations, with out having internet (data) connection to my cellphone? Example: If remove my SIM card, and am not connected to wifi, can I fly my Mavic through the DJI App?

a675a0e9e5c52ef2908b175de0ac9462.jpg

Yes for now. Keep in mind with this latest version they can change that if they need to.

Rob

Can I fly without limitations, with out having internet (data) connection to my cellphone?
Watch this video for a detailed explanation:

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
I'm not so sure. While the new 800 firmware has caused no problems in general, after updating I can no longer fly at my home location in California. Previously I was in a yellow "unlockable" zone, which I had no problem unlocking. The controller read "near NFZ", but I was able to fly. After the update it says "In NFZ" and "Cannot Take-off". I can only conclude that they expanded the NFZ area in the update. Also, I doubt that reversing to an earlier firmware would reverse this, since the NFZ Update was a separate update within the firmware upgrade process.

Also, I doubt that reversing to an earlier firmware would reverse this, since the NFZ Update was a separate update within the firmware upgrade process.
Which goes against your first sentence... NFZ updates are indeed a separate process, and you get that even if you don't upgrade the firmware.

Seems that if you are "Near NFZ" that is not the case. You will need connection every time you start the motors to confirm you are authorized to fly.

Which goes against your first sentence... NFZ updates are indeed a separate process, and you get that even if you don't upgrade the firmware.

Thank you, I think you are correct. That part doesn't matter too much to me, as I don't really like to fly at my home location (too much interference, powerlines, very urban), but what I don't like is that now I can't even turn on the motors to work on it at home (unless anyone knows a way around this?) I would at least like to hover low in my back yard to test and do adjustments, etc. My other concern is how far DJI will go with the NFZ expansions. They say firmware upgrades are optional, but I am getting the feeling that firmware and Go-App upgrades are irrelevant to DJI's control of NFZ restrictions. I think they can always sneak them in, while saying "don't update if you don't want to". Sneaky!

I am new to drones and just received by Mavic Pro today. Live in Northern Virginia but according to the GPS maps, i am outside the DC 30 mile restrict zone and outside of both Dullas and National airport. When I turn RC & drone on, comes up Near NFZ. I've received permission via the unlock procedure. But - I cannot get the rotters to turn on. Am I missing something?

Nope, I am not updating it, I can fly anywhere and fly higher than 400ft. With the new firmware, I hear both are restricting areas and altitudes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick