DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please Help. Dji selling refurbished drones???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvalonFate

Reactions
My original post :DJI selling refurbished as new????

Hi guys please help,

This is a Dji store order from Dji website. I just received my new drone today. After I check the gimbal scratch(yeah, it have scratch !), I find out something strange happend on my brand new controller.... It has second screen protecter film on it, a non-factory one, just udner the factory screen protecter film!! After I tear off the factory screen protecter, there one more screen protecter on it and look like a " amazon stuff" ! take look the picture . It is a thick film and not mean to be tear off like factory film.

Is this normal for brand new product?? This is unacceptable if this is not a normal thing that have a non-factory screen protecter under a factory screen proetcter.
I think this clearly a used product that DJI's lazy worker forget to remove the costomer screen protecter film.
Are DJI selling refurbished stuff as new to costomer????

20190805135217.jpg

20190805135236.jpg

I try to find some open box video on youtube. And there is one. Please check 11:32

check 11:31

Seem like he has only one layer of protector film. I have that same factory film he tear off is on top of the thrid party film(check #1 picture). Now I doubt more that I got a refurbished product. Unless DJI change their assembly procedure. But that will make no sense. There is no meaning of two layer film. Instead they should go fix the gimbal scratch issues.

wut u doing dji??

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think I'd give it much thought. If the aircraft operates correctly and your SN indicated it was built less than a month ago.

Go fly and ENJOY it. If you absolutely can't do that return it and enjoy your $$.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)

Allen

Reactions: Slade, DDS and Ekki
If you are not happy, just return it ASAP. Then go buy a new one / keep your money.
Good luck!

Reactions: Slade
I don't get why you are upset about the double screen protector. Yeah, it is unnecessary but I fail to see why it would be an issue quality wise. As for the scratch on the gimbal, I say that merits a return unless it is superficial (and you are ok with it). Where are you located? If you are within the EU, you have a right to return the product within 14 days for a full refund without so much as giving a reason (assuming you bought it online - different rules apply for purchases from a physical store). There may be equivalent consumer protection laws if you live elsewhere, so you might want to look in to it.

Many have reported a scratch on the gimbal when new. The gimbal guard seems to cause it.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think I'd give it much thought. If the aircraft operates correctly and your SN indicated it was built less than a month ago.

Go fly and ENJOY it. If you absolutely can't do that return it and enjoy your $$.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)

Allen

Thank you for your advise, Allen.

I think operates correclty and SN can't address the concern I have. Dji support team can't give me a anwers why this occur.

To me, a working refurbished product doesn't mean new product.

And for the SN, if a merchant intention to sell a refurbished as new, they won't stupid to levae a mark or number that can against they themselves. They will change it.

Hope you can get my point.

I don't get why you are upset about the double screen protector. Yeah, it is unnecessary but I fail to see why it would be an issue quality wise. As for the scratch on the gimbal, I say that merits a return unless it is superficial (and you are ok with it). Where are you located? If you are within the EU, you have a right to return the product within 14 days for a full refund without so much as giving a reason (assuming you bought it online - different rules apply for purchases from a physical store). There may be equivalent consumer protection laws if you live elsewhere, so you might want to look in to it.

Well my friend... Let's imagine, you wait for one month to get your new iphone phone or smart phone. And the moment you opened your brand new box, you find out a "thrid party" looks screen protector film is under the factory seal screen protector. Are you gonn have some question and feel upset? Or just take it and go? Do you ever find out a Apple product has two screen protector on it ? Let me know.

Many have reported a scratch on the gimbal when new. The gimbal guard seems to cause it.

Yes, I already find out mine has scrath too. I was trying to let the scratch things go and forget about it. But not the thrid party customer put on film protector that maybe a lazy dji work forget to peel off before refresh and sell the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty